Seeking clients to interview on anti-sex trafficking initiatives.

MyRedLightStory is a project, started by a man and a woman with extensive experience in the sex-work industry, to educate and entertain on the truth about sex work, both bad and good. We are supportive of consensual sex work and have written a book about our experiences that we are currently trying to publish.

This post is to assist a journalist named Joanna Chiu with some important research. We have noted her work on our Web site. In our view, she is one of the few journalists who properly separates sex trafficking from consensual sex work. Her message follows.

Hi there,

My name is Joanna Chiu and I am a freelance journalist. As a Canadian sex-positive feminist, I support the full decriminalization of sex work. I've written articles in the past where sex workers and clients were able to convey their experiences in their own words to the public. As a journalist, I am committed to challenging the silencing and stereotyping of sex workers and clients in the media. See http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2...ork-craigslist and http://sexlifecanada.ca/canada/natio...t-sex-work-ads or check out my website at www.joannachiu.com for more samples of my work.

I am currently living in New York and I'm working on an article about sex trafficking in the US. It will critically examine how the government, law enforcement and NGOs have addressed the problem of sex trafficking. For example, the FBI's "Operation Innocence Lost", which was supposed to help identify victims of trafficking and underage sex workers, has actually led to the arrests of hundreds of sex workers and clients across the country.

I am looking to talk to current or former clients who have anything to say about anti-sex trafficking initiatives in the US and how they affect sex workers and clients. My focus is on New York state, so I'm especially interested in talking to people with knowledge of the sex industry and human trafficking in New York.

I will keep all our correspondences strictly confidential. If you would like to be quoted in my article, I will take all measures to protect your identity.

You can contact me at editor.joanna@gmail.com or call me at 917 767 6145.

Thank you,

Joanna
nevermind ...

Elisabeth
"hello, my name is sixxbach and I pay for sex"

not!

sixx
  • SARR
  • 11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
uhhh, good luck with that one. There's a reason the boards are anonymous and we use a third party to screen.

I don't think you're going to get much here. Your local stroll might be better. Not trying to be a smartass, just stating an opinion.
that just means you do lol.
917 mmm NYC cell or Manhattan land line.

So why not just give former NYS Governor Eliot Spitzer a call.
Good-luck with that! (lol)
Ummm...I think I saw that movie on Lifetime or CineMax.
That hurt my stomach I laughed so hard ...but carry on
917 mmm NYC cell or Manhattan land line.

So why not just give former NYS Governor Eliot Spitzer a call. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Did you know he contributed his experiences to a very well produced documentary called "Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Elliot Spitzer" it was very intriguing to say the least. It's streaming on Netflix as well.
Hi Joanna,

Thanks for taking the time to present your project here to us at this time

I had started to write a response to your topic above but deleted it because I hadn't taken the time to do research on your project, which does sound provocative.

By the way, we have a cynical group of folks here on occasion but I love them just the same.

I'm going to try to read all of your references and get back with you if I have any ideas that might help. ECCIE has a large portion of their membership located in the Texas area, however there are plenty of folks from New York as well.

Since you're located in Chicago and that city does seen to be very active with sex worker activists groups, have you been in contact with any of them? I'm sure that you've cast a large net to glean information for your research.

I guess that I've responded to your topic with a bunch of nothing but at the same time, I'm always appreciative of those who support the decrim of "this" and well, you are appreciated.

I'll write more later when I've actually done my research. Holiday being what it is and all!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Did you know he contributed his experiences to a very well produced documentary called "Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Elliot Spitzer" it was very intriguing to say the least. It's streaming on Netflix as well. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
This sounds like a very interesting documentary, Skylar! Thanks for sharing this with us! Might have to watch it this afternoon.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Who is cynical here?
Did you know he contributed his experiences to a very well produced documentary called "Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Elliot Spitzer" it was very intriguing to say the least. It's streaming on Netflix as well. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
nope. I did not. So the op can just watch the documentary, sweet!!