9-11 Never Forgotten ♡

A few quotes on this day to remember those who lost their lives, lost loved ones and to be proud of the unity of our country in a time of sadness, fear, death and outrage..
~With Love~
♡ KaylaRyder ♡

If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.
– Sandy Dahl, wife of pilot of Flight 93 Jason Dahl

Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.
– President Obama in a 2011 radio address.

Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children.
– President George W. Bush

Years have passed since a perfect blue sky morning turned into the blackest of nights. Since then we’ve lived in sunshine and in shadow, and although we can never unsee what happened here, we can also see that children who lost their parents have grown into young adults, grandchildren have been born and good works and public service have taken root to honor those we loved and lost.
– New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, speaking at a memorial service in New York.

Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: ‘Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.’
– President George W. Bush on Sept. 11, 2001.

Remember the hours after September 11th when we came together as one to answer the attack against our homeland. We drew strength when our firefighters ran upstairs and risked their lives so that others might live; when rescuers rushed into smoke and fire at the Pentagon; when the men and women of Flight 93 sacrificed themselves to save our nation’s Capitol; when flags were hanging from front porches all across America, and strangers became friends. It was the worst day we have ever seen, but it brought out the best in all of us.
– Senator John Kerry

You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy.
– Colin Powell

These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.
– President George W. Bush on Sept. 11, 2001.

September 11 is one of our worst days but it brought out the best in us. It unified us as a country and showed our charitable instincts and reminded us of what we stood for and stand for.
– Senator Lamar Alexander
Nice post Kayla.....Lots of horrible memories from that day no one will soon forget. The impact has changed our lives forever in this country.
perhaps the lyrics to Alan Jacksons "where were you when the world stood still" should be included, good thread Kayla!
Sad day for our beautiful country.
Nice post KR
  • VX720
  • 09-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Thank you Kayla!
vote commie lib so merica ...can give refuge ta more terrorists!

...merica has completely ...disgraced the memory of the ...victims by electin leaders who go round the world an ...apologize fer merica!

...maga!
vote commie lib so merica ...can give refuge ta more terrorists!

...merica has completely ...disgraced the memory of the ...victims by electin leaders who go round the world an ...apologize fer merica!

...maga! Originally Posted by Plastic Man
So instead of being an ass about it, why not just show the support for Kayla and say nice post and move on!!!

I think everyone here is aware of your political views man!! Let's not disgrace the few thousand that died that day nor the many thousand since and those that are living with their own memories of what has happened since.
This is a day of rememberance not one to be a jerk about it. I know that is hard for you but maybe just once can you try it. Hell, you may even find out you like it!!
So instead of being an ass about it, why not just show the support for Kayla and say nice post and move on!!!

I think everyone here is aware of your political views man!! Let's not disgrace the few thousand that died that day nor the many thousand since and those that are living with their own memories of what has happened since.
This is a day of rememberance not one to be a jerk about it. I know that is hard for you but maybe just once can you try it. Hell, you may even find out you like it!! Originally Posted by Iso#1gfe
yer nothing but an apologist fer the ...crooked politicians tryin everyday ta bring ...merica down by refusin ta blame the terrorists an allowin attacks ta ...continue

...shame on ya burger cause the ...victims are the ones bein ...disgraced by the marxists tryin ta kill merica
You took me off guard... (please don't take offense... It's complimentary, most shield theirselves in our hobby) Thank you for opening a window into who you are and the depth of character you have. As a former United States Marine... Thank you for your post.
Thanks Kayla.
Thanks Kayla

I don't know anyone who was killed on 9-11, but as a result of that day I lost a much loved family member in Iraq...