I will never understand provider math

An example I came across: 200 - 30 Minutes, 450 - 1 Hour, 650 - 1.5 Hour, 800 - 2 Hour, 1200 - 3 Hour

Looking at it in half hour increments:

1st half hour: 200
2nd half hour: 250
3rd half hour: 200

In hour increments:

1st hour: 450
2nd hour: 350
3rd hour: 400

So as half hours go, the price goes up, then back down, but as hours go it goes down, then back up. It doesn't have to make sense to me, but does it make sense to anyone?
No, her prices make no sense at all.

What is she going to say when some guy says that he wants a 30 minute session, followed immediately by another 30 minute session and will only pay 400? Does anyone seriously think she would refuse the offer?

She's inviting price haggling, but she's set her starting price so high that only a truly aggressive price haggler would even want to give it a try. Is that the kind of client she's after?
More trouble than it's worth to haggle.. The starting price is too high for the product offered. jus' my opinion.
Hooker Math ........
;-P
If you think of it in terms of math and proportions, it doesn't make sense.

If you think of it in terms of the provider's perspective, it does.

The $200 rate is for the guys who might not be willing to put down more than $300 for a first time session. The 1hr appointments are the ones that are probably the 1st or 2nd most frequently booked, so she upped the price to extract as much per session as possible. 2hr sessions get a bit of a break because the guy's willing to spend more money and time with her, which allows her to make the money she wants to make with lower client volume. More than 2hrs in the provider role at a time can probably get tiring for her, so she raises the prices again to make it worth her time.

She's basically trying to offer something to every class of client she's willing to visit, but trying to charge as much as she thinks each class of client is willing to pay.
The hooker math thread.. the.horse.is.dead.
Carry on...
  • Toyz
  • 06-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Carry on... Originally Posted by Eryn
The horse is constantly resurrected E. It is born anew with every questionable math concept. It shall never, ever die...
Looking at it in half hour increments:

1st half hour: 200 I can do this
2nd half hour: 250 I'm going to kill this bastard
3rd half hour: 200 I can make it through this

In hour increments:

1st hour: 450 I can do this
2nd hour: 350 Half way through
3rd hour: 400 Lord, please help me
Originally Posted by Haywood_Jablowme
My hypothesis on the situation.
Won't do dissertation to support it though
DOUBLE TROUBLE!!!!!
Looks like someone needs to take a marketing class.
I agree. This is just like beating a dead horse. But you'all go on - I know you will..Lol.

Carry on... Originally Posted by Eryn
The horse is constantly resurrected E. It is born anew with every questionable math concept. It shall never, ever die... Originally Posted by Toyz
Plus, it's just plain funny, and we all need a chuckle now and then.
I like you, Nuglet! Plus I love watching those bat wings flying in your avaitar

Plus, it's just plain funny, and we all need a chuckle now and then. Originally Posted by nuglet