Two and a Half Men...Now What?

Imagine you are a CBS network big wig. You have just fired crazy Charlie, so what do you do?

-End the show immediately

-Substitute Charlie for someone like John Amos and see how ratings go.

-Rose and Charlie run off to Italy...bring in another kooky character.

-one of Charlie's love childs shows up to claim the house.

etc. etc. ideas?

We've been watching this show for 9 years. I would like to have some closure on the story lines!
No one thought Spin City would last w/o Michael J. Fox, and Charlie Sheen gave it a few more years of life. However City Managers change jobs all the time, so it was not unreasonable to continue with more or less the same setting with a different City Manger. So the challenge for CBS is finding a plausible story line for 2 & 1/2 Men that brings in another "scoundrel" character that isn't just stupid. Oh, and a replacement character that isn't just stupid.

I'm betting that they give it a try, but it won't run past 6 new shows.

As for closure, that was when Charlie Sheen drove this train wreck right off the cliff.
Rob Lowe is now rumored to take over Sheen's character.
  • davo1
  • 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Charlie finally dies at the hands of a jealous husband.
Charlie leaves half the house to Jake, half to someone he owed big gambling money to (and who is a womanizer like Charlie). The dynamic stays much the same with the added plus that Jake now has a bit of added leverage with his Dad.
Charlie dies of a STD .....and Most of Hollywood is infected ....OOPS might be true story ....
just let the damn show die...
Pick someone else and run with it. Maybe it will add some freshness to the show. It's not exactly an acting leap to play a rich, womanizing, narcissistic guy. There are dozens of actors who can probably knock it out of the park.

However, that Charlie Sheen was simply playing himself on camera was a consistent source of humor for me all along.
CBS would love to stick it in Sheen's face. Get some good story lines. Bring in some hot babes. Hell bring in his exes Denise Richards, Brooke Mueller, and Kelly Preston! Even replace him with Emilio Estavez...lol. I'd love to see more Herb too.

this is funny...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzTuOeX37_w
John Amos? You mean from Good Times? I know what you meant just had to mention it. Dynomite!
Just do a reality show with Charlie in it, no difference.
THe show fast forwards to 30 years later.... Jack Nicholson is Charlie, the kid (now grown) moves back in after a nasty divorce and now they are all having hot Senior Citizen sex... all the jokes could still play out as is...
John Amos? You mean from Good Times? I know what you meant just had to mention it. Dynomite! Originally Posted by Sooner69
Oops....lol. How about John Stamos
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/02/two...place-charlie/
The show will never be the same without Charlie. Bringing another actor in to replace him is crazy. Just let the show die the way it was, funny and really funny.
Stamos might work, Robert Downey has also been mentioned, i think CBS will try to re-cast the lead in order to prove the show is more popular than Charlie. NOT. Charlie IS the show whether CBS wants to admit it or not. it won't be nearly as popular but CBS might milk another season or two. funny thing is, Charlie still gets money from the re-runs - for life - but if he keeps bustin' 7 gram rocks he'll be DOA. Tiger Blood? whatev.