Will being a Mormon hurt Romney???

Honestly, I mentioned this in various times that if Romney gets the GOP nod his faith will perhaps cost him many votes. As many of you have read- Perry's "friend" called Romney's faith a cult. Sadly, many Americans view Mormons as a cult and not a "true" branch of Christianity. Perry finally made a wise decision by saying that Mormons are not a cult. If I am not mistaken I believe Hunstman is a Mormon as well.
I honestly think the Pastor who made that statement was wrong- how can any sect of Christianity prove that their sect is the truer sect? Herman Cain made a statement I think about not having muslims in his cabinet because of trust- I find that shameful especially coming from an African American since many were not allowed in various groups simply because of skin color.
I honestly have issues with any religious figure that endorses a politician- politics and religion are 2 separate barriers- I am pretty sure Jesus was endorsing people to be the next ruler of Rome.
Probably but remember JFK was the first Catholic President. The concern was having a president that may answer to the Vatican. Whereas a LDS president may answer to the president/prophet in Salt Lake City.
I think Mitt Romney may poll well in Utah if he pries the nomination away from Perry, but that will probably be about the extent of his popularity.

The way this country is set up, you stand the best chance of beating President Obama would be if you were a white Anglo-Saxon Protestant, but you'd have to be younger than John McCain
to be a viable candidate.

On the other hand, I think dirt is younger than John McCain.

. . . I think most people still consider Mormonism to be a cult.
  • Rezo
  • 10-08-2011, 09:10 PM
i don't see why it would. it doesn't seem to have been a problem before.
What a shame that we're talking about it....or should I say, what a shame that the republicans are talking about it. Typical.
  • Rezo
  • 10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
i don't see why it would. it doesn't seem to have been a problem before. Originally Posted by Rezo

ooooohhhh! you said mormon! my bad! n/m

yah no way. them f*ckers are batshit crazy.
No being a mormon won't hurt anyones chances. But on the other hand having owned your own hedge fund, being pro Wall Street, pro banker bailouts, one of the writers for Obamacare, and supporting the continuation of wars that are going nowhere will hurt someones image!
What a shame that we're talking about it....or should I say, what a shame that the republicans are talking about it. Typical. Originally Posted by timpage
So is it then not a shame when democrats talk about it? What about if an independant talks about it? When did WellEndowed become a Republican?
If someone is talking it will make a difference.
Anything to rock the boat will cause waves.
Everything is about politics in one way or another.
Just a glorified popularity contest and sometimes they aint pretty.
I have never met a practicing Mormon who lied to me, stole from me, got drunk or even lost his temper. I am not a Mormon, but being Mormon works in Romney's favor.
Butt Romney is a politician. By definition he lies, cheats, and steals.
Just read for yourself what Mormans actually believe.

Of course, if you had no knowledge of any organized religion, and were handed literature on every major denomination, you would not see anything more farfetched in Mormanism than Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddaism, etc.

Man has never found it easy come to grips with his own mortality, and praying to an all powerfull deity to "make it all ok in the end" is a natural responce of Human Nature.

The older I get, the more spiritual I get, and the less religious I get.
Being a Mormon will not hurt Romney nearly as much as obama being obama will hurt obama.
I'll take Morman over Rev Wright.
I'll take Morman over Rev Wright. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

Amen brother Dali.