x games in town!

So Iwas curious, anyone expecting an uptick in business for the X games? there sure are a lot of tourists in town this weekend. who's going out there to watch the x games and who is staying in planning on working with the visiting guests? anyone going downtown to watch the big dirt pile in front of the capitol? too bad they couldn't bury a few of those politicians under it.
Ya know, curiously i find i almost "get the weekend off " when theres a festival...i always assume its due to everyone being busy with all the festivities...i do love my out of towners though
So Iwas curious, anyone expecting an uptick in business for the X games? Originally Posted by sue_nami
Interesting question...

one would think that they GOT Game ....

So down tick in biz and X Games time !!!

Hopefully y'all report back when it's all over
FUCK THE X GAMES, and most of the rest of the events in this GD tourist town.. The city says there were over 1500 events in town last year, so they're "thinking" about limiting permits. Unfortunately, a boycott by just 2-3 people doesnt' make much of an impression LOL>.

I miss being able to go where, when I want, to have a nice meal, and actually finding a parking spot, that's handy. NOW they're building THE BIGGEST SURF PARK IN THE USA out on 71.. Just fucking great.. and with alll this tourist business, and income.. our taxes don't go down? hmmm FUCK EM ALL!!!
I try to stay away from downtown as much as possible without anything special going on. Even moreso when there is.
Daaamn nuglet! Tell us how you really feel! Lol

IDK... I think BMX boys are pretty hot.
Hey Sue politicians of all sorts make for good clients tho!!!
They over pay (unlike athletes); and that's great!
Over pay with our tax money.
Really? You guys are going to bitch about the x games in a fucked up city where you can't even carry your groceries home in a plastic bag like the rest of America?
Really? You guys are going to bitch about the x games in a fucked up city where you can't even carry your groceries home in a plastic bag like the rest of America? Originally Posted by pink taco
LMAO! Well Said!
Really? You guys are going to bitch about the x games in a fucked up city where you can't even carry your groceries home in a plastic bag like the rest of America? TFF keep your shit town weird for sure! Originally Posted by pink taco
This was funnier tho!

Well well Mr carbon-foot-stomp!
What do you have against less plastic waste, huuuh?

No really, why do you think Austin is a shit town (as you stated in your original unedited post)? Or do you not really think that?

I think Austin lacks certain aspects of diversity (more so now than even 10years ago). That is what all the events like X games and many others bring to it. More importantly revenue...
Saving stuff? The bags thing isn't good enough? How about I35 at 4pm?
This was funnier tho!

Well well Mr carbon-foot-stomp!
What do you have against less plastic waste, huuuh? Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
Only in Austin would a provider get upset about my flushing a used condom down the toilet. She said she would be happy throw it away with other trash. Or if I was concerned about leaving my little swimmers behind, that I could take it with me. So, I asked for a zip-lock bag and I thought she was going to have a cow and throw me out.

Hobbied for years and this was a new issue for me, and it would only happen in Austin.

Note: It's a slow Sunday Morning for me and I am a little bored since I can't get out to hobby with anyone today.
NO BAG FOR YOU!
(soup nazi voice)

I think she might have been worried about clogging the commode???
Im not sure.
Nope, it was all concern for "Mother Nature" and the environment not needing more condoms floating down the Colorado River. I have worked on computer control systems for sewage treatment plants and I explained to her that their are catchment devices which will not let these and other non-soluble items back into the water supply, but this lady was quite adamant.