If John Boehner called a clean vote up or down vote, the problem is over.

At least temporarily.

Does anybody deny that? Even the idiot Whirlytard? A straight up fund the government bill with no strings attached passes. Period. He just won't call it.
At least temporarily.

Does anybody deny that? Even the idiot Whirlytard? A straight up fund the government bill with no strings attached passes. Period. He just won't call it. Originally Posted by timpage
If Boner did call for the "straight up fund the government bill with no strings attached" vote, the Tea Party would cut off his balls and serve them on a silver platter.
The House isn't going to pass a clean CR, Timmy. Boy, you are delusional. Why won't Harry "Why should I care if a child dies?" Reid call an up or down vote on the House bills? They could fully fund Obamacare with only very minor concessions. The funny thing is, the Republicans have already caved. The Democrats are either too stupid or too dishonest to get it. The Dems are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hopefully, the public will catch on that this is just a show for our entertainment and vote all of them out of office.
  • CJ7
  • 10-05-2013, 10:54 PM
The House isn't going to pass a clean CR, Timmy. Boy, you are delusional. Why won't Harry "Why should I care if a child dies?" Reid call an up or down vote on the House bills? They could fully fund Obamacare with only very minor concessions. The funny thing is, the Republicans have already caved. The Democrats are either too stupid or too dishonest to get it. The Dems are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hopefully, the public will catch on that this is just a show for our entertainment and vote all of them out of office. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
bla bla bla, the republiturds haven't caved, their stuck on getting something their way and refuse to accept the law as written ..

remind everyone how congress is supposed to change a law IF they follow the constitution
A clean bill in this case means what the Prez wants. He needs to give something in return.
Timmy Boy, is the shutdown starting to hurt?
bla bla bla, the republiturds haven't caved, their stuck on getting something their way and refuse to accept the law as written ..

remind everyone how congress is supposed to change a law IF they follow the constitution Originally Posted by CJ7
God, you're stupid. And doubling down on it. Again. This goes on all the time. They don't have to appropriate money for anything if they don't want to. Your knowledge of law and the Constitution is abysmal.

You really should know for yourself what you are talking about before you post. The Obamatron is making you sound stupider than usual.
God, you're stupid. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What's the old saying?

Hanoi COG aka StupidOldLyingFart calling someone "stupid" is not much different than Governor Christie calling someone fat!
  • CJ7
  • 10-05-2013, 11:12 PM
God, you're stupid. And doubling down on it. Again. This goes on all the time. They don't have to appropriate money for anything if they don't want to. Your knowledge of law and the Constitution is abysmal.

You really should know for yourself what you are talking about before you post. The Obamatron is making you sound stupider than usual. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

youre so stupid you miss the point

defunding the LAW isn't part of the constitutional mandate that requires congress to fund the federal government

if they dipshits want to defund a law, do it the way the constitution mandates ..... house/senate.potus

oh wait ... they tried that 45 times and got no further than the first step, so now they closed the government

see how that works ?
What's the old saying?

Hanoi COG aka StupidOldLyingFart calling someone "stupid" is not much different than Governor Christie calling someone fat! Originally Posted by bigtex
You steal my lines, too, BiSex? Cool! Keep it up, you might find a life defending freedom to be more rewarding than bending over and letting the government fuck you in the ass, and pretending to enjoy it!
You steal my lines, too, BiSex? Cool! Keep it up, you might find a life defending freedom to be more rewarding than bending over and letting the government fuck you in the ass, and pretending to enjoy it! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Hanoi COG, it is no longer stealing a line when there is an accurate application for the phrase. At that point it transitions into "speaking the truth!"
Am I the only one who feels like the lyrics by Stealer's Wheel?
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle

remind everyone how congress is supposed to change a law IF they follow the constitution Originally Posted by CJ7
Wrong again, Ceej.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires Congresscritters and Congressional staffers to get their health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges, *AND* it explicitly forbids any kind of government subsidy for those employees.

The House already passed a bill and sent it to the Senate that would give a clean CR, with only the one string that there would be no Obamacare subsidies for Congresscritters and staff. This is what Obamacare requires, in black letter law, no more no less.

Harry Reid refused to allow an up-or-down vote on that bill.

It is Obama and the Democrats that refuse to accept the law as written.

As for your crack about following the Constitution, I refer you to Article I, Section 7, where it says that bills raising Revenue *MUST* originate in the House of Representatives. The Senate is Constitutionally forbidden from writing their own bill in this area, and there are VERY good reasons, stemming from British experience before the American Revolution of 1776, why the Founding Fathers put that language in there.
  • CJ7
  • 10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Wrong again, Ceej.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires Congresscritters and Congressional staffers to get their health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges, *AND* it explicitly forbids any kind of government subsidy for those employees.

The House already passed a bill and sent it to the Senate that would give a clean CR, with only the one string that there would be no Obamacare subsidies for Congresscritters and staff. This is what Obamacare requires, in black letter law, no more no less.

Harry Reid refused to allow an up-or-down vote on that bill.

It is Obama and the Democrats that refuse to accept the law as written.

As for your crack about following the Constitution, I refer you to Article I, Section 7, where it says that bills raising Revenue *MUST* originate in the House of Representatives. The Senate is Constitutionally forbidden from writing their own bill in this area, and there are VERY good reasons, stemming from British experience before the American Revolution of 1776, why the Founding Fathers put that language in there. Originally Posted by Sidewinder

Wrong again, Ceej.

you tell me what the hell that has to do with funding the fereral gvmt

to change a LAW congress goes throught the same process they do to pass one ... house//senate/potus ... we aint talking revenue bills sport, we're talkin LAWS

look em up, do ya good
  • WTF
  • 10-06-2013, 07:29 AM
A clean bill in this case means what the Prez wants. He needs to give something in return.
Timmy Boy, is the shutdown starting to hurt? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I heard they are going to defund Israel. Next they are going to arm Asian hookers from cheap bastards....your future is not looking to bright there race baiter.
The Republican GOP has passed multiple CR spending bills to fund the NIH, Veteran Services, NPS, and other parts of the government..............the Democrats have said NO. For example:

The House passed a Veterans Affairs spending resolution on Thursday, the fifth "mini" spending bill of the week that was sent to the Senate in an effort to reduce the impact of the government shutdown.

In a 259-157 vote, members passed the Honoring Our Promise to America's Veterans Act, H.J.Res. 72.
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...goes-to-senate