Odd happening this afternoon.

• Mr.S
  • 01-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Had been texting back and forth with one of the providers from this site. She sends me a text a little bit ago that says "Hey" and nothing else. No response for a half hour or so. Then I get a text from an odd number that starts asking me questions and blowing my phone up about sending pics and wanting to hook up. I did ask her how she got my number, and she said she was looking through a friends phone and seen my number there. I told her, he, it, whatever, to lose the number and havent answered anything since. Strange.. I'll be glad to share more specific details via PM.
Yeah kind of strange. Did you do a google search of the number?
  • Mr.S
  • 01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Yes, I tried a google search and turned up nothing really. I even used the search function for the boards here.
I've had two providers in the past 2 months ask for my picture. Spidey sense says stay away!
Definitely odd. Sounds like someone got her phone and was looking at it - someone that knew her. Could be a friend, but that seems kind of unlikely. Maybe a bf that got into her phone. Personally, if I had already been corresponding to a provider that you knew was verified, etc. then I would text her asking what was happening. She will likely tell you. If not I would just avoid it and let it go. It is very strange though.
Even if a provider is stopped and questioned by LE for a few minutes, a forensics technician can image the phone contents within 20 minutes with CelleBrite...give the phone back and she will not know that LE has all her info, contacts, appts, messages, etc....No warrant required.
This also serves as a reminder to always use a hobby phone that you can throw away if needed.
Mr. S_Had been texting back and forth with one of the providers from this site. She sends me a text a little bit ago that says "Hey" and nothing else. No response for a half hour or so

Siberia_ I don't understand, you was texting back & forth (ok), she texted "hey" and you ignore her?
It is odd that you didn't respond.

Some girls work together and her
friend may be scoping you.
  • Mr.S
  • 01-07-2015, 03:40 AM
Siberia, no, I did not ignore her. When said provider texted me the "hey" message, I responded within a minute or so. She didn't respond to me, but a half hour or so later I started getting texts from the other number. Personally, I feel that if part of "scoping" me, involves asking me to send pics, then its bad news anyway.
And yes, I have spoken with the provider since all this happened. She said she fell asleep and that nobody was home but her boyfriend and he don't know her password...who the hell knows..lol
Well, someone got into her phone, password or not, got your number, and found you interesting enough to try to get you to reveal your identity via a pic.

So much for discretion. I'd walk away from this one. In a hurry.
To TechOne yes technically LE can image your phone but the supreme court just ruled about 6 months ago that is totally and unequivocally illegal. Any evidence gathered from that would be inadmissible even if they did (but they won't anymore). Still a good idea to use a different phone but it's all about risk management. Carrying around multiple phones raises a few eyebrows too (although you can throw it out and start over if things get hairy. Actually now that I'm writing I should probably do that. Wait, on the other hand if I stick to verified providers in the community then I don't have to. Ok, that's the route. Problem solved for me!

In this case sounds to me like BF has her password and she doesn't know it or won't admit it. No other realistic option really in my opinion. Very creepy. I agree that would totally freak me out. Not kidding actually.