Who likes vs dislikes chat rooms and why?

I just logged in for the first time to the eccie chat room with all it's quirky fun little noises and night owls speed typing comments back and forth. I lasted approximately 20 seconds before thinking "Scotty beam me out of here NOW". Ok it is a social networking venue just like any other and it seems pretty impressive in terms of speed. I have no complaints about this particular chat room so why is it that 20 seconds after logging on I can't wait to log the hell off and never look back? Can't quite put my finger on it. I don't think I'm cranky. I just can't stand em? Threads and posts however I enjoy and I really don't mind one-on-one chats as long as they're not too long winded and I'm not busy when one pops up. Those of you who enjoy public chat rooms please share why? Those of you who like myself simply do not then why not?
Too much ass kissing and posing by guys for the ladies that frequent it regularly in my opinion...... Ladies that have such a large amount of time on their hands to be there regularly, IMO, have issues surrounding them that need to be considered before booking a session...... It's Like a COED Forum with SPEED ADVERTISING......
I don't like ANY chat rooms in general, I find them too limiting. I went in Eccie's chat room a grand total of three times before realizing it's a waste of time. Most of the gentlemen in there get the majority of their female company for free via the chatroom and on the rare moments when they want to pay a lady to visit them in the flesh they understandably prefer the company of one of the ladies that they have been flirting with in chat for months on end. I could deal with never making any $$$ from the chatroom if the conversation were entertaining but if the few times I've been in there are any indication then this is a standard chatroom scenario:

nevermind. I started to type it up but it was too similar to the real thing and I lost interest. If you've been there then I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I know there are a few guys and gals who seem to enjoy the chat rooms very much so I'm glad it's there for them!

I just logged in for the first time to the eccie chat room with all it's quirky fun little noises and fellow night owls speed typing comments back and forth. I lasted approximately 20 seconds before thinking "Scotty beam me out of here NOW". Ok it is a social networking venue like any other and it seems pretty impressive in terms of speed. I have no complaints about this particular chat room so why is it that 20 seconds after logging on I can't wait to log the hell off and never look back? Can't quite put my finger on it. I don't think I'm cranky I just can't stand em? Threads and posts however I enjoy. Those of you who enjoy them please share why? Those of you who like myself simply do not then why not? Originally Posted by Codybeast
When I am there it's a party between member's pants.......... lol

But seriously, some like it, some don't.... as long as someone benefits from it...... it's all good....

sixx
I've used my share of chat rooms in the past, but I think this one lacks relevance.

Conversations are too fast, not enough regional focus. It might be useful to have an Austin chat room that I could go into at 3 in the morning to see who might be available for a session.
It might be useful to have an Austin chat room that I could go into at 3 in the morning to see who might be available for a session. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
That makes sense although I guess the ISO section is a quieter version of that already. ISO posts also don't scroll off of the screen in a matter of seconds so they continue to be viewable to everyone no matter when they happen to check in. At 3:00a.m. if you're horny and send out an ISO but a provider logs on at 3:10 looking for work you will have missed one another on a scrolling board. However ISO remains clearly viewable (like it or not).
I agree. Having a couple chat rooms with a regional focus would be better. Hard to make sense of anything with 30-40 people chattering. If there was an Austin chat room I could see it being interesting.

I've used my share of chat rooms in the past, but I think this one lacks relevance.

Conversations are too fast, not enough regional focus. It might be useful to have an Austin chat room that I could go into at 3 in the morning to see who might be available for a session. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
To play Devil's Advocate, the problem with breaking it up into regional rooms is that you split the participants. When you have lack of participation in each room, they fail to make critical mass and never get used.
.......Most of the gentlemen in there get the majority of their female company for free via the chatroom and on the rare moments when they want to pay a lady to visit them in the flesh they understandably prefer the company of one of the ladies that they have been flirting with in chat for months on end. Originally Posted by EroticEmily

I'm glad a woman stepped up and said it.

I was going to post it myself but can only stir one pot at a time sometimes.

Oh Well..... I just found an Extra Spoon!

I agree totally....... There are those lost souls that get their "lady fix" simply from social interaction and can't get much attention elsewhere so they "chat"...

When it comes to a Lady's Business......

IMO

1) The Most Successful Ladies NEVER have to advertise or participate on a SHMB to run their businesses. They have built a clientele and their business is where they want it to be so they go through life UTR for the most part living off regulars and referrals.

2) A step down from these Ladies are those that like to travel, almost never advertise in their hometowns and also never participate in forums or chat on these boards. But they do run ads in towns they intend to visit and the smart ones might participate in a couple of threads a few weeks prior to their visit to that city to peak interest.

3) Then we have those ladies that for the most part have a full client book and occasionally lose a client or have an immediate need and advertise that locally.

4) Followed by those that advertise weekly, constantly in search of new clients because for some reason they can't build a stable client list or they are still new and have not built one up yet. We see their regular participation in threads where their posts are thinly disguised ads and attention getters

5) Then there are the ones that can be found, not only here but on EROS, Craigslist as well as Back Page and any forum they can get an ad on. Desperation starting to show if they are a lady that has been around a while. OR often a Newbie Provider trying to find their way. This is the Halfway Point on the Mountan where those on the way up cross paths most frequently with those on the way down.

6) Followed by the Chat Hos...... Always have too much time on their hands, similair personality traits to the guys I refer to as "Lost Souls".... Nothing else they try is working for their business needs or needs for social interaction so they chat.

AS I said earlier.....

Just my opinion!
No thanks to chats room of any sort, just can't get in the grove of chatting, to each his or her own.
Too fast paced for me...
I don't have time for it, generally. It's bad enough I'm on the forums when I have a shitload of work to do.
I dont have time for it either.

AangBang
Chat rooms have always left a bad taste in my mouth..I first got on the internet when I was 19 almost 20 right after I had my oldest......Believe it or not I was very innocet and unknowing at the time so I went to a few chat rooms and all it ever was was someone wanting to show me his cock before he even before anyone said hello (at this time in my life I never had looked at one up close I had used one before just never looked)............

So ever since then in my mind chat room= men wanting free sex from who ever will give it to em.....(I know not all men are there for that but everyone I ever came across was)
I'm not your friend and I'm damn sure not your spoon. I've read enough of your posts to know how you REALLY feel about women and even if in about 1 time out of 20 you have a valid, honest point(that I would otherwise support in public regardless if the whole board disagreed) I no longer feel comfortable agreeing with you because you will use the agreement to support your overarching hatred of women. There's no doubt in my mind WHATSOEVER that you are a misogynist.

This isn't going to turn into a back and forth with me RE: you and your fucked up ideas about "the hobby" so you can let that little twinkle in your eye fade away right now.

Now...back to the topic at hand!

I'm glad a woman stepped up and said it.

I was going to post it myself but can only stir one pot at a time sometimes.

Oh Well..... I just found an Extra Spoon!

I agree totally....... There are those lost souls that get their "lady fix" simply from social interaction and can't get much attention elsewhere so they "chat"...

When it comes to a Lady's Business......

IMO

1) The Most Successful Ladies NEVER have to advertise or participate on a SHMB to run their businesses. They have built a clientele and their business is where they want it to be so they go through life UTR for the most part living off regulars and referrals.

2) A step down from these Ladies are those that like to travel, almost never advertise in their hometowns and also never participate in forums or chat on these boards. But they do run ads in towns they intend to visit and the smart ones might participate in a couple of threads a few weeks prior to their visit to that city to peak interest.

3) Then we have those ladies that for the most part have a full client book and occasionally lose a client or have an immediate need and advertise that locally.

4) Followed by those that advertise weekly, constantly in search of new clients because for some reason they can't build a stable client list or they are still new and have not built one up yet. We see their regular participation in threads where their posts are thinly disguised ads and attention getters

5) Then there are the ones that can be found, not only here but on EROS, Craigslist as well as Back Page and any forum they can get an ad on. Desperation starting to show if they are a lady that has been around a while. OR often a Newbie Provider trying to find their way. This is the Halfway Point on the Mountan where those on the way up cross paths most frequently with those on the way down.

6) Followed by the Chat Hos...... Always have too much time on their hands, similair personality traits to the guys I refer to as "Lost Souls".... Nothing else they try is working for their business needs or needs for social interaction so they chat.

AS I said earlier.....

Just my opinion! Originally Posted by Whispers