Live In Nannys? Foriegn Exchange Students?

Earlier this year I moved south short term because of a young lady that was coming to stay with me for a while while she got life back on track. I was not expecting things to really last this long, (who ever does?) but it seems to show no sign of ending soon.

She has a 3yo that she is the custodial parent of. Up until she got on track she was content with allowing her family and the father to have much more of his time than her. That has changed drastically over the last 4 months as she has discovered that being a "mommy" has tremendous rewards and has helped her restore things missing in her life. He is with her a minimum of 3-4 days a week.

So... With her starting her Senior Year that creates a Child Care issue unless she continues to bounce the kid from her parents to his to him and then to her. Not the ideal way for it to be handled.

I took a short term lease on an apartment in August that is about to expire as I never really thought this would last more than a couple of months while she sorted things out in her life. I hate being cooped up and will move into a large 4 bedroom house where her child can have his own room and she will still have "her room" (for appearances sake ) and envision trading out room and board and possibly a small allowance for a live in nanny.

So I was thinking that maybe the foreign exchange student thing might be an area to look into.

Anyone with any experience in that please PM me.

She speaks Spanish and has actually TAUGHT English as a Second Language classes through a college program so communication with a Spanish Speaker is not a problem and she could probably also assist them if they have language needs.
Sounds like a domestic problem to me...
Is it the girl that I saw with you at the mall when I was dropping off some games for the charity?

If it's low drama and the girl is a decent parent I wouldn't mind watching her kid every now and then for free(well, she pays for food, brings supplies)if she gets in a bind or on a regular basis if she'll agree to help me tune up on my Spanish...obviously I couldn't live in though! I don't have kids (I've been in the "business" off and on for about 8 years so I never thought it would be appropriate) but I love them to death and after being around my family for the holidays and seeing all the kids running around it's made me remember how cute they are and how happy they make me.

If you'd prefer to go the foreign nanny route you should go for an English exchange student...get kinda a Mary Poppins vibe with a British accent and they work fairly cheap.

Oh and it's nice to see you settling down with someone and even nicer to see you helping a girl out. I hope it works out for everyone involved.
Yeah it's the same one from that night...... Kinda been with me since August now....

Ok.... Need to clear up one issue......

She has an occasional night out with a guy, I have an occasional night out with a girl.... All four of us ended up here one night at the end of separate nights out playing beer pong..... the next morning our "dates" went their own ways and we cuddled back up.... It's a pretty open relationship/arrangement.....

We are hardly "settled"..... It's "just one of those things"!

She's even promised to bring home a classmate here and there to be shared...... So we are hardly settled down!
  • ztonk
  • 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Closed by request.