Website virus?

Attempted to go to eccie on my win7 pc and got the following
Black hole web toolkit website
Source 109.163.236.113
I am using an iPad and do not get the same message (using safari)
Anyone else seeing this attack?
It's been going on several days, Javascript exploit.

See this thread http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=396272
It is coming up as a "severe" exploit attack on my system. Have IE ad blocks and privacy adds to detect it and remove it. Recommend all providers and hobbyist download those IE free add ons.
Warywolf
I'm getting this on every page:

Norton blocked an attack by: Web Attack: Malicious Toolkit Website 9.
Has anyone seen any mention of this problem on the national board?

Are they in Denial?
It's been going on several days, Javascript exploit.

See this thread http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=396272 Originally Posted by roscoe14850
Ditto... had the same Javascript exploit. Also had another related to cookies. Both listed as severe.

Cleaned computer, updated antiviruse and rescanned. Seems OK.
Any explanation..eccie???
Has anyone seen any mention of this problem on the national board?

Are they in Denial? Originally Posted by jokacz
Nothing yet. There is another thread in the "Alerts" section, and I posted this there:

"Problems seem to have abated.... for now...

I don't think the site was "under attack" necessarily. I saw a post somewhere else that said it was probably malware linked to a Banner Ad. That sounds more plausible. If there is an "official" explanation offered, I will post a link to it here.

BTW, if your browser would not let you in and did something like list the site as an "Attack Page," it was not because the site was down. Some browsers, like Firefox and Chrome, put up that warning after there are a specific number of problems at a particular site. You can actually still get in (Firefox had a link in the corner that allowed you to "ignore" the message and proceed to the site), but I don't know that it would be a good idea."