the Wells Fargo Scandal.. Not Unusual

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/09/inve...ure/index.html

financial services, department store sales, auto sales.. middle management pressures the underlings to sell, sell, sell! meet quotas and goals! if sales are not met, middle managers get their heads chopped.. they come and go like yesterday's wind.

I don't bank at WF, but I used to until they made a serious error regarding a deposit they could not accept.. their own legal department made the call.. it was hysterical, this was in the 1990's, and I love to tell the story to this day, they looked so bad.

anyway, this business culture is rampant in many areas of US commerce.. sales trumps ethics over and over.
Prudential got popped years ago, and then repopped about six years later.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rudential-case
why don't these fuckers ever go to prison??
why don't these fuckers ever go to prison?? Originally Posted by Tony Gambino
somebody should.. WF obviously bred these Managers and nobody accepts accountability.. I wish the coverage of the lower, pressured employees' stories would resonate, because this is common in the business environment..
More recently, did any fuckers from the "economic correction" get tried? Nope.
That is why I stay with the Credit union and stay away from the too big to fail. It is your deposits that created this mess.
I bank at WF. They are some account selling mfrs. There's one branch I stopped going to because every single time I went the same three people kept asking me if I wanted to meet with a Banker to discuss additional accounts. Fucking ridiculous. I'm like I just told you fucking yesterday No.
Damn, they couldn't even wait a whole decade before being criminal and reckless.
I bank there, I avoid the branches like the plague. All business is electronic. I kinda like it. Mortgage, Vehicle and a Boat Loan... All at great rates.
That is what all the big bancks want ... no human contact. Many are supposed to be closing hundred, if not thousands, of neighborhood branches.
That is what all the big bancks want ... no human contact. Many are supposed to be closing hundred, if not thousands, of neighborhood branches. Originally Posted by pyramider
I think you're right.. my bank has almost no employees and long waits, it looks designed to piss us off and shove us online.
Just go to the ATM for all my needs for my for
2 act's deposit and transfer from one act to another on line
BOA
Just go to the ATM for all my needs Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
ATM fulfills many of my needs.. oh wait, I forgot the subject matter!

I have not gone the ATM deposit route just yet.. yeah, I know this is 2016, the machine takes a photo of the check.. but.. give me time, I was one of the last flip phone people too, LOL

I saw today that WF is eliminating sales goals December 31.. while the sales Supervisor will retire that day with a $125 million bonus!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-million-bonus
Yep, read that today in the news. I left WF a few years ago, the sales pressure I recieved whenever I went to a branch - as well as questionable banking fees finally drove me away.
  • DSK
  • 09-20-2016, 06:55 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/09/inve...ure/index.html

financial services, department store sales, auto sales.. middle management pressures the underlings to sell, sell, sell! meet quotas and goals! if sales are not met, middle managers get their heads chopped.. they come and go like yesterday's wind.

I don't bank at WF, but I used to until they made a serious error regarding a deposit they could not accept.. their own legal department made the call.. it was hysterical, this was in the 1990's, and I love to tell the story to this day, they looked so bad.

anyway, this business culture is rampant in many areas of US commerce.. sales trumps ethics over and over. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
The cute little girl at my local branch says most of her salary depends upon stuff like that....