Addison Ocktoberfest

Have to admit, you get huge beers, polka music, and large breasted women in a "dirndl" with a short shirt and thigh high stockings... and I'm a happy camper! Addison Ocktoberfest is this weekend - anyone else partaking?
Ein Prosit!
Das Boot!
It's not October.
  • CAL05
  • 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM
I always consider going but never get around to it. Guess I work too much haha.
It's not October. Originally Posted by pyramider

Don't pay that putz any mind....Oktoberfest can and should be celebrated anytime of the year you desire....especially now that the brutal Texas summer heat is beginning to fade.

This year marks the 500th anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot (otherwise known as the German Beer Purity Law); believed to be adopted across the entirety of Bavaria in April of 1516 (per Duke Wilhelm IV). So much more the reason to celebrate this time of the year with a fine bier or ale of choice, dear friends....while a German brass band plays Ein Prosit in the background.

So...while attending this year's Addison Oktoberfest, experience the Tapping of the Keg event (this evening admission is FREE btw).....and do not miss quenching your thirst with a stein of Paulener Oktoberfest Marzen or two.....

Lastly, as far as food goes, do yourself a favor and make a trip into downtown Plano (15th St) and check out Jorg's Cafe Vienna.

Seating is limited, atmosphere is casual; very laid back (and the food is terrific). Trust me, for authentic Austrian / German cuisine, it'll beat anything you might be tempted to sample at Oktoberfest.

So have fun....play safe!
SWEET! Free entry!
And drunk girls!

(Thanks for the history CB... )
It's not October. Originally Posted by pyramider
Oktoberfest always starts at this time.
Used to be fun years ago but always too early in the year, still find it to hot!!!! Nowadays just an overcrowded drunk fest with too many people, no parking and again too hot for Octoberfest I can see drunk hot women in DFW every weekend all year long so nothing special about this.
Germans love the taint ...
Just returned from it.. Too hot out there to enjoy it and I left at 9:00. Agreed that it needs to be later in the year.. Cant complain about free entry tonite tho.
I was there tonight, last call was at 10pm...kinda lame.
Das Boot!
Originally Posted by Iron Chef
Das boot would be a boat, a submarine, unterseeboot.
That boot shaped glass is a stiefel. If you drink from one oriented in that manner you'll regret it.
Das boot would be a boat, a submarine, unterseeboot.
That boot shaped glass is a stiefel. If you drink from one oriented in that manner you'll regret it.
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
Looks like someone didn't see the movie.