lead on

• gin
  • 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
i got a text from thatdude to meet up at a hotel and gave me the room number and there was no room for that number and i told him and he never texted me back watch out
Perhaps a miscommunication? How long ago was this, like tonight?
  • gin
  • 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM
yes it was i waited 20 mins at the hotel to make sure it was the right one and he didnt text me back
Typically when a provider NC/NS, the prevailing opinion on the board is that you give them a little time to contact you and explain before posting an alert. After all, life happens, things come up, and given the nature of this hobby oftentimes one might not have the option to immediately contact the other party.

I think you may be well served to give thatdude the same courtesy, before sailing him down the river. As far as I know he has a pretty good rep and isn't known for screwing people around. There's a decent chance that there's an explanation other than he just led you on for no reason.
Did you get a pm from his handle to confirm the request was from Thatdude specifically because there are at least 5 different variations of the handle on here?.
This is why you should NEVER set appointments via email and text ONLY!

Texts can be spoofed as can emails and even based on past history here on ECCIE, people have spoofed handles and sent PMs out.
  • gin
  • 09-21-2011, 08:40 PM
i guess so the only good thing is it was only 30 mins wasted
and yes i gave him time
I have met him, and "I" had no problems with him. He was a great date. Did you do this via PM?
Did he contact you via pm first or only text. He's always been respectful of my time and very understanding when as stated above something happened and I needed to reschedule. Maybe you should contact him here to be sure you have the right guy.
  • gin
  • 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
ok well i have tried contacting him in not bashin the dude im just saying he stood me up and beware of it i have nothin bad to say ok
there are so manys to handle this situation but i will take the high but constructive road. If you look at some of my posts, I tend stress screen screen screen. I have never spoken nor texted nor Pme'd you ever I just got done working out and i get a notice from Eccie stating you pm'ed me. I saw your pm mentioning room and location and it had me scratching my head. Sweetie i get it maybe you had me mixed up with someone else shit happenns. I am only asking that you clear my name by stating it was not me

The Bizz I owe you a beer for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Elyssa Scott we have met in passing that will change Laz Long you may have a point however if you SCREEN PROPERLY IT DOES NOT MATTER the method of communication. Insatiable nikki I got a special bottle of ciroc just for you. Hotlips thank you so much

Gin I wish you well with your pregnancy.
i guess so the only good thing is it was only 30 mins wasted
and yes i gave him time Originally Posted by gin

I hate to say this, but if you have no pm's then you have not established which "him" you gave time to.

Thing is if you do not do your home work and fully screen you may end up with more than just 30 min spent waiting. In my opinion a phone number alone is not a screening method to base your time and safety on. I personally know that if I really wanted to I could use your phone to call you from my number and I am not all that tech savvy.

*edit to note - the original Thatdude beat me to the reply...Yes, I remember meeting you and the alert didn't sound like the gentleman I met. I am glad that I was not wrong.*
  • gin
  • 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
sorry it was an misunderstanding thatdude is not the one i though sorry again
Sorry this confusion happened to you Gin. I think this thread is a good reminder or example of why fully screening is so important. It might not be 100% fail-safe, but it definitely helps.
It helps to do your research.

Thatdude is a nice guy. Would hate to see his rep tarnish over a misunderstanding.