CoverMe - Good app for hobbyists?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...verme.im&hl=en

So, this app will give you a phone number that produces no bill that gives you about 2 hours and a hundred texts a month.

It will disguise itself as a newsfeed reader.

It requires password access to open it. You can also set up a 2nd password that makes it open to something innocent.

all for $5. I think keeping your phone number active is $5 a month, but you can just get a new number every month. No Walter White 2nd phone drama.

It seems like a hobbyist's best friend. Do any of you use this or have an experience?
  • Devo
  • 10-03-2014, 09:55 AM
If its as promised, its pretty damn neat, and yes, far less than maintaining a separate phone.
Wait, I read about this before....you don't actually get a new (free) phone number do you?
Wait, I read about this before....you don't actually get a new (free) phone number do you? Originally Posted by dynamitekid
For free - You can text and call another coverme user. So unless you know a girl that already uses it - you are SOL.

HOWEVER, you can pay something and get one. The premium app costs $5.99.
For 4.99 you get a 412 (or whatever) phone number that gives you 130 minutes and 130 texts (send and receive). The minutes, number, and texts expire after 30 days unless you re-up.
There are other rates/plans available if you need to talk to your favorite woman of public usage more.
It says there is no bill with a list of calls either. I'm not sure how long distance n'at would work.

I personally haven't signed up for the minutes, but I thought a tech savvy pervert might appreciate it.
Seems too good to be true. The few times I reached out to someone on my real number was a mistake. At a tenth of a cost of a burner, seems like a good deal.
"Self-destructing" text messages? Hmm, I might have to give this a try.
How often do you guys use burner phones?? All the time or just when trying someone new?