Unusual behavior from a provider

So I am new to the ECCIE level of the hobby. I've actually been here less than a week, and have yet to actually see anybody through this site.

I found a provider on here that met my needs and contacted her through her website, which was linked through her showcase.

Her website asked that if I was to contact her that I should provide a reference. I did (phone and a link to reference's ad)

The provider wrote me back and asked for details about what services my reference provided.

This seems....not quite right to me...furthermore I have discovered that this provider has recently retired....and now the site in question appears to be down. Am I being paranoid or should I be posting the details of this in the alerts section? I'm leery of just jumping in because I am new enough here that it might appear that I am just a whackadoodle with a grudge.
  • Gulf2
  • 05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
"A whackadoodle with a grudge?" Funny.

Welcome to Eccie. There are a number of possibilities for this reaction. If she's retired, I wouldn't worry about it and I certainly wouldn't respond. Bottom line is that your sensors were going off and that's good. That will keep you safe(r).

All the best.
If you think that was weird behavior, buckle up.....and welcome to the hobby!
Yeah, that's weird. But since nothing bad actually happened or was clearly going on, I don't think it's alert-worthy. Dust yourself off and move on.

And welcome to ECCIE, btw. You'll find that there are lots of whackadoodles with grudges around here, so you should fit right in.