Southside inaugural lunch launch a success!

Wow!

Despite some RW traffic and personal issues pretty much those who planned to attend are here and enjoying the food and of course the

felliwship!

So the plan is to contine southside lunch events and explore future southside happy hours.

Our regularly scheduled northside events will continue as well.

Looking forward to a busy summer, Austin.
Awesome! Sorry RW got in my way today.
Good to know the luncheon was well received,may have to take a ride up I-35 next time.

Was thinking of going up today,however RW interference prevented me from doing so.
It was great seeing some new faces that I've chatted with online. As well as some familiar faces too. :-)
sounds like very few showed up..
Sounds like Mr. wet blanket needs to go fuck himself.

For a inaugural event I'd consider it a success. Look forward to more in the future.
I had a great time and met so new people. Hopefully there will beba south side happy hr too. Nuglet what's with the remarks? We are all just trying to have a great time with new and old faces in the game.
Just an observation.. not being judgmental.. just 4 posts and 2 of them weren't there.. GFE you know what you can do with your comment.. Thanks for the attention from such a loser.. Good to know you're still crawling around..
Thanks ck. Enjoyed meeting some fellow south Austin neighbors as well as those from north of the river. Looking forward to a south happy hour soon.
Looking forward to the next event..
Just an observation.. not being judgmental.. just 4 posts and 2 of them weren't there.. GFE you know what you can do with your comment.. Thanks for the attention from such a loser.. Good to know you're still crawling around.. Originally Posted by nuglet
Did I mention you?

Are you volunteering?

Thanks again, ck. Your efforts are much appreciated by everyone... Except Mr. wet blanket!
Just an observation.. not being judgmental.. just 4 posts and 2 of them weren't there.. GFE you know what you can do with your comment.. Thanks for the attention from such a loser.. Good to know you're still crawling around.. Originally Posted by nuglet
There was actually a nice crowd for an inaugural luncheon. I believe that most, if not all of the tables were full. But not everyone that was there posts that they were there. I think I remember 10 ladies and maybe 15 guys. But I wasn't keeping track either, so there could have been more.
Did I mention you?

Are you volunteering?

Thanks again, ck. Your efforts are much appreciated by everyone... Except Mr. wet blanket! Originally Posted by gfejunkie

Nice using technicalities just like Whispers.
Is it time to drop killer! off of the custom user title?
Nice using technicalities just like Whispers.
Is it time to drop killer! off of the custom user title? Originally Posted by rockerrick
Sometimes you have to demonstrate absurdity by being absurd.

So, you're saying whispers is a troll, eh?
He usually doesn't take too kindly to that.
Now, now ... and tut, tut. (Much rather tit, tit! of course)

All that aside, my expectations for an inaugural event were more than met. Indeed, virtually every one who vowed to attend either did -- or, if they couldn't make it, they let me know early in the morning or late last night that plans had been interrupted.
I never complain, for example, when RW trumps hobby, or P4P trumps a social.

In my book, M&G success is more about the communications than the total numbers of people who attend.

Had everyone who wanted to be there actually been there at the same time (thank goodness we enjoyed in-and-out) we would have needed more seats.

As for grumpy old men, there are more around that represented on the U.S. Supreme Court. Thanks for the "bumps."

I see only good things and more events ahead on the Southside and a need for larger spaces down the line.