Interesting Article from Across the Water

Came across this with my morning reading and don't know if anyone else reads The Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...s-prostitution
Love it. While I acknowledge that there do exist "victims" in this industry, many of us don't fall into that category....
The author makes many excellent points. Women should have the right to choose their own sexual freedoms. I like the conclusion:

"Being penetrated doesn't mean that I give my body. . . What makes me an object is political discourses that silence me, criminalise my sexual partners against my will, . . . and refuse to acknowledge my self-determination and the words I use to describe myself."

The industry is however filled with many unsavory characters that prey on the weak-minded, who are more easily made their objects. The nature of its corruptness lends the industry other criminal activity, like, drugs, robbery, kidnapping, and criminal enterprising.

I only believe in protecting the innocent, and prosecuting the wrong. The current legal construct outlaws all sex work. Here is my question: How do you protect personal sexual freedom and the weak from criminal predators?

Insofar as the local morality patrol, I don't care. Part of autonomy is the ability to govern and make decisions regarding oneself.
While it's not exactly on topic with this thread, the article makes me wonder how many of our ladies here got started or decided to start.