Toxic Masculinity and the Liberal Left

So Will Smith bitch-slapped some guy who had loudly dissed his wife on live TV. In the old days, and I mean since the beginning of time till recently, that was one of the expecte3d behaviors of a straight man in a committed monogamous relationship.

And Smith caught such $h!t from the left for his "toxic masculinity". But think back just a few years to the left's hate campaign after President Trump won in 2016 . . .and for a bit just before that. The rank-and-file left was encouraged by their leadership to be confrontational and in your face with any well known conservative figure seen in public. Maxine Waters comes immediately to mind with a memorable rant, but there were so many others. President Obamas speech on the "Chicago Way" also floats to the top. And a lot of that rhetoric laid the ground work for the insane violence of 2020.

I say, "Well Done Sir!" to Will Smith. I was so disappointed when he apologized.
So Will Smith bitch-slapped some guy .... Originally Posted by ICU 812
.... Smith was "bitch-slapped" by his own wife to motivate him.

These pussy-whipped fools who do stupid shit as a result of it.
He’s got thinner skin than you.
I don't see the issue. Had Chris Rock insulted my wife in a similar fashion for a medical condition, I'd have slugged the little fcuker too.
Well, Chris Rock stated that he had no idea that Will Smiths Wife had a ailment that resulted in hair loss. Is he Lying?

I agree with LL. Smith was laughing right along, untill he happen to notice the scowl on his wife’s face.

I guess he figured he better do something, because if you believe any of the Tabloids, she is a real bitch.

However, the time to do that was off. Smith should have waited untill the show was over, and then behind the curtains slapped the shit out of Rock. That is, if he was comfortable facing off with that big 6’6’ body guarde.

By the way, I think Chris Rock is one funny MF. If you listen to his routines, they have a lot in common with the late Charles Carlin. In short, he tells it like it is.
I don't see the issue. Had Chris Rock insulted my wife in a similar fashion for a medical condition, I'd have slugged the little fcuker too. Originally Posted by texassapper
And I agree with you in principle.

But think for a moment: What if the presenter making the tasteless joke was say, Wayne Johnson or Vin Deisel? In that case, I might have just walked out with my wife while contacting my lawyer.
So Will Smith bitch-slapped some guy who had loudly dissed his wife on live TV. In the old days, and I mean since the beginning of time till recently, that was one of the expecte3d behaviors of a straight man in a committed monogamous relationship.

And Smith caught such $h!t from the left for his "toxic masculinity". But think back just a few years to the left's hate campaign after President Trump won in 2016 . . .and for a bit just before that. The rank-and-file left was encouraged by their leadership to be confrontational and in your face with any well known conservative figure seen in public. Maxine Waters comes immediately to mind with a memorable rant, but there were so many others. President Obamas speech on the "Chicago Way" also floats to the top. And a lot of that rhetoric laid the ground work for the insane violence of 2020.

I say, "Well Done Sir!" to Will Smith. I was so disappointed when he apologized. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Will should have confronted Chris afterwards and discussed the fact that his wife was offended. Besides Chris wasn't making his joke towards her to intentionally offend her he was just doing a gig and it wasn't accepted quite like he had expected. If Chris would have said that to Will's wife outside of his Comic routine then I can see Will having the reaction that did. Stand Up Comedy Routine are often times a hit and miss type thing. They aren't rehearsed you never know how your particular audience will react. The idea is to get a laugh not a slap, but Will was laughing at first.
... the late Charles Carlin. In short, he tells it like it is. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Was that the name before the transition to George Carlin?
Was that the name before the transition to George Carlin? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Sorry ‘bout that.
And I agree with you in principle.

But think for a moment: What if the presenter making the tasteless joke was say, Wayne Johnson or Vin Deisel? In that case, I might have just walked out with my wife while contacting my lawyer. Originally Posted by ICU 812

... Not to be a wise-oaf here, but WHY would you
contact yer barrister because some comic made
a joke about your wife?

#### Salty
Start divorce proceedings before she does.
... ... Surely reckon THAT answers that.

#### Salty
... Not to be a wise-oaf here, but WHY would you
contact yer barrister because some comic made
a joke about your wife?

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Well, Will Smith felt it necessary to do what he did. That is his choice and many support him in that. However, my point was that if the presenter making the joke had been a more physically formidable guy, such as Vin Diesel or Dwane Johnson, then he might have just done some shouting.

Given that, my other point was: Had I been Smith, I might have called a lawyer to see if there was some non physical, legal way to make the offender unhappy. . . .And I don't know what that might be, that is why I'd call a lawyer.
Well, Will Smith felt it necessary to do what he did. That is his choice and many support him in that. However, my point was that if the presenter making the joke had been a more physically formidable guy, such as Vin Diesel or Dwane Johnson, then he might have just done some shouting.

Given that, my other point was: Had I been Smith, I might have called a lawyer to see if there was some non physical, legal way to make the offender unhappy. . . .And I don't know what that might be, that is why I'd call a lawyer. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Here's what the Lawyer would say, "Can you prove malicious intent". no, because there is nothing to prove criminally or otherwise. Furthermore Will Smith slapping Chris Rock on the surface appears he was defending his wife, but really Will was defending his own insecurities about her. The tabloids stated they are in an open Marriage and Jada had an affair with some Rapper that she refers to as an "Entanglement". It's obvious Jada is in control of the Marriage and controls Will on many emotional levels. When Will decides he doesn't want to be controlled any longer she'll leave him. That's what Will defended and put his career on the line for. Oh, on the flip side Chris Rock can file Criminal charges on Will Smith and they would stick. Will Smith is a fucking chump.