Theres no section for the HEB and Fort Worth areas?

Just wondering if this is the section for those places to, DFW all together or just for Dallas?
We are all lumped in together here, always nice to see someone else located in the HEB. There are too few of us!
We are all lumped in together here, always nice to see someone else located in the HEB. There are too few of us! Originally Posted by thrakattack82
I was wondering the same thing, HEB and FTW have alot of awesome guys its crazy that they are left out on having a section. But they know to just browse the Dallas section. If you interact a bit they will see you for sure. Good luck and happy playing xoxo
I was wondering the same thing, HEB and FTW have alot of awesome guys its crazy that they are left out on having a section. But they know to just browse the Dallas section. If you interact a bit they will see you for sure. Good luck and happy playing xoxo Originally Posted by Star Hollowday
Very true! There are a couple of sites that have Ft Worth sections but their Dallas counterparts get a lot more participation so the Tarrant Co guys mostly hang there.
HEB here as well. ;-)
Don't get me started. Or, if I can presume to speak for him, TinMan.

I used to have a private group for west-of-360 encounters, but that cost more money than I was willing to spend, and I had to solicit donations. I fell behind in making the quarterly (I think it was) payments, and there went the forum.
I live on the west side of Ft. Worth. For me to drive to Dallas and see a 'hobby friend' for an hour, I'll likely spend half of my day doing that. Counting drive times to and from Dallas , and the 1 hour of 'fun stuff'. And then there is the drive home through Dallas traffic, which may find me returning home more stressed out than I was when I left home!
I drove to Dallas from Ft Worth for almost 30 yrs for work, no way in hell will I make that
drive for an hr now, that includes Arlington! There are still a few I Ft Worth
I know several HDH who lived in FW and drove to Dallas.

Not very rigorous science but that tells me there's more hobbyists ready to spend north of 500 several times a month living/working in Dallas.
I live on the west side of Ft. Worth. For me to drive to Dallas and see a 'hobby friend' for an hour, I'll likely spend half of my day doing that. Counting drive times to and from Dallas , and the 1 hour of 'fun stuff'. And then there is the drive home through Dallas traffic, which may find me returning home more stressed out than I was when I left home! Originally Posted by Bushjumper

We live in the same general area, and although I work 30 minutes closer to Dallas, and have a job where I work alone and no one cares if I don't answer my phone or emails for half a day, I'm loathe to undertake the journey, for pretty much the same reasons. And I've also occasionally thought about being involved in a car wreck in a place and at a time where I have no good reason to be.
Been tried. Not enough activity to be worthwhile
Been tried. Not enough activity to be worthwhile Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing

I suppose it depends on your definition of worthwhile, and to whom.

The 14th-largest city in the nation doesn't merit one or two subforums (Coed and Reviews would suffice), while Killen/Waco/BCS, the sticks (just kidding) east of Dallas, West Texas and South Texas have eight each?

Most recent activity among some of those 32: 3/13, 5/14, 5/26, 5-29.-27, 2-21, 4-28, 9-30-18, 8-4-23, 5-22.

If it's been tried, I can't recall it having been tried in a public forum, rather than the old private one, with the attendant friction of recruiting members and paying dues to go along with moderation.

The Dallas boards are set up under "Dallas," not "Dallas/Fort Worth." The Fort Worth folks have had to post here not because it's designated for them, but by default because there's nowhere else, a function of the same Dallas-centric mentality that sometimes makes it nice to be left out of the Charlie Foxtrot to our east but is frustrating when differentiation would not only be welcome but make things so much easier.
Lance is my leader. I co-sign every thing he has posted thus far on the subject, as I usually do.
Lance is my leader. I co-sign every thing he has posted thus far on the subject, as I usually do. Originally Posted by TinMan

Thank you, sir. To which I'd add, a while back, when I had less time and more energy, not to mention ML access, I tried to keep track of the west-of-360 providers in a monthly update I posted in the ML. I thought it was pretty cool: Organized by general area, with pics, ad links, ECCIE links, email, phone, known services provided (L1-L4).

That's the background. The point is that, as I recall, it routinely ran in excess of more than 100 women. That's significant, IMO.

Tarrant County has a population of 2.2 million. Waco, Killeen and Bryan College Station combined have a population of just over one million.
Was there ever a section for HEB or FTW on here or has it always been just Dallas? I'm new so really dont know.