What happened to freedom of speech ? Are we not allowed opinions anymore ?

I was warned by eccie about my recent posts, telling me not to insult members. I was careful in my posts not to single out any members with any insults. While I do use the term deplorables and insult them in general, how is that different than those that insult liberals in general? Why are those that insult liberals not warned? If the moderators are warning members based on their own political views then this forum is not worth visiting.

Moderators should be neutral and not single out forum posters for warnings based on weather they agree with the opinion or not. If this is allowed then you would have to warn anyone that said anything negative about anything because some member can always fit into that category and consider it a insult.

If it’s not going to be fair then just make this a conservative forum, allow only deplorables to post and moderate, but make it clear that is what the forum will
be!

All of us should be alarmed at such censorship and assault on our freedom of speech. You can bet it will be a experience I pass on to my students for years to come.
Last week many Conservative Posters were complaining about the same thing. I was warned a couple of times.

Live within the rules. Points can be made and views expressed without denegrating fellow contributors. If you can't be civil, then the "authorities" will take the proper steps.
Last week many Conservative Posters were complaining about the same thing. I was warned a couple of times.

Live within the rules. Points can be made and views expressed without denegrating fellow contributors. If you can't be civil, then the "authorities" will take the proper steps. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Most of your posts criticize liberals and I find that personally insulting, so in the future please do not say anything to criticize anything that may offend me personally. If those are the rules then you could not have a debate. If your ok with censorship that’s fine but I would hope most would not be.
I I was careful in my posts not to single out any members with any insults. Originally Posted by StandinStraight
As I’ve mentioned to you in your PMs to me...the entire basis of your thread here is incorrect. Stop insulting members and you’ll stop receiving infractions...

P.S.-We’re here to talk about democracy, not practice it...there is freedom of speech within the guidelines here, and no further...same as in real life.
As I’ve mentioned to you in your PMs to me...the entire basis of your thread here is incorrect. Stop insulting members and you’ll stop receiving infractions...

P.S.-We’re here to talk about democracy, not practice it...there is freedom of speech within the guidelines here, and no further...same as in real life. Originally Posted by Wakeup
That’s fine but please be fair about it! In the future when I post my opinion about something and someone then insults liberals or makes fun of my post please do issue warning to them as it would be a insult to me. I only ask for fairness!
“If you can't be civil, then the "authorities" will take the proper steps.”

What is a quote from Nazi Germany?
  • oeb11
  • 12-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Do not feed the Troll
Do not feed the Troll Originally Posted by oeb11

Please warn this poster not to insult me he has done this numerous times.
I can insult Liberals all I want. If I call Hillary a Lying, despicable, money grubbing sexual predator enabling cunt, that is well within the guidelines.

But if I call one of the Liberal Posters on this Forum an idiot for supporting her, that is not ok.

And visa-versa. You can call President Trump an orange monkey, and that is fair game. But if you call me an idiot for voting for him, that is out of bounds.

Just don't get personal, and stay on topic.

I have always had a policy to not respond when a fellow poster says something that is assinine. I never put anybody on block, because I do want to hear what they have to say. That, however does not mean I have to respond.
I can insult Liberals all I want. If I call Hillary a Lying, despicable, money grubbing sexual predator enabling cunt, that is well within the guidelines.

But if I call one of the Liberal Posters on this Forum an idiot for supporting her, that is not ok.

And visa-versa. You can call President Trump an orange monkey, and that is fair game. But if you call me an idiot for voting for him, that is out of bounds.

Just don't get personal, and stay on topic.

I have always had a policy to not respond when a fellow poster says something that is assinine. I never put anybody on block, because I do want to hear what they have to say. That, however does not mean I have to respond. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Can we have a clarification on this am I allowed to insult deplorables and is Jackie allowed to insult liberals. Please keep in mind that many liberals and deplorables in this forum find this personally insulting. If I generally say deplorables are racist homophobes and we know Jackie is a deplorable, is this a insult in our bylaws? Will the authorities be summoned or is it allowed like Jackie says?
That’s fine but please be fair about it! In the future when I post my opinion about something and someone then insults liberals or makes fun of my post please do issue warning to them as it would be a insult to me. I only ask for fairness! Originally Posted by StandinStraight
Why do you think I’m not currently being fair? You will never know what infractions I issue to other members unless they divulge them. You have no idea who I have warned and so I haven’t, so what evidence do you have that I’m being unfair?

Can we have a clarification on this am I allowed to insult deplorables and is Jackie allowed to insult liberals. Originally Posted by StandinStraight
You need to search before you ask questions that have already been answered by me...I’ve specifically talked about this topic...

Search this forum for posts by me with the word deplorable in them. Read. Question answered.

As I’ve told you in your PMs, you were not given an infraction for calling someone a deplorable...stop focusing on it...
We have a thread I started concerning a famous NBA Star saying that we never went to the moon.

If I comment and say......"people that believe that NASA faked all of the moon landings are total morons", that is a general statement about how absurd and idiotic people can be.

If someone on this Forum happens to believe that we faked the moon landings, then I suppose indirectly I would be calling them an absurd idiot as well.

But I think the moderators would let that slide, because what I stated would be obvious.
We have a thread I started concerning a famous NBA Star saying that we never went to the moon.

If I comment and say......"people that believe that NASA faked all of the moon landings are total morons", that is a general statement about how absurd and idiotic people can be.

If someone on this Forum happens to believe that we faked the moon landings, then I suppose indirectly I would be calling them an absurd idiot as well.

But I think the moderators would let that slide, because what I stated would be obvious. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I would hope that the moderators would stay out of policing the internet as much as possible. It seems as if they may be taking their job to seriously and are on power trips. We use to be able to jag each other on here without it being some kind of offense. I was looking at some post of moderators saying things like “stay on topic”, is that really a moderators job, to steer the conversation? Internet forums are meant to be for the users and the beauty of the internet has always been its freedom of speech. Once that is taken away as it has been in this forum, the forum becomes useless because people cannot freely express themselves. As a educator I am trying to point out to these moderators that while I can understand some policies and rules may need to exist, I think in this forum it has gone to far. Such a shame but ever since Trump and conservative deplorables have been in power our rights as citizens to free speech have been under attack. So sad!
All of us should be alarmed at such censorship and assault on our freedom of speech. You can bet it will be a experience I pass on to my students for years to come. Originally Posted by StandinStraight

While "passing on this experience to your students" make sure you mention it's a Hooker Website you're spending so much of your spare time on espousing these informative opinions and advice (to pretty much faceless, nameless people whom you have zero impact on btw).

No doubt the liberal administrators who did their due diligence in vetting (and hiring) you to teach the youth of America will want in on that tidbit of information, as well.
While "passing on this experience to your students" make sure you mention it's a Hooker Website you're spending so much of your spare time on espousing these informative opinions and advice (to pretty much faceless, nameless people whom you have zero impact on btw).

No doubt the liberal administrators who did their due diligence in vetting (and hiring) you to teach the youth of America will want in on that tidbit of information, as well. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
My students are aware. If your trying to convert conservative deplorables into more compassionate liberal citizens you need to go where they tend to hang out. It made sense that religious self righteous conservatives would secretly flock to hooker boards or gay boards. It has been a great social experiment visiting here, I think some progress has been made. I hope you have expanded your mind from some of our conversations even if you fail to admit it, we all need to learn, it takes a village!