Rory Mcilroy wins British Open and happily quacks about how wonderful he is....

What the fuck? Here is the guy's quote.....

"I'm immensely proud of myself," McIlroy said after his two-shot victory Sunday that was never really in doubt. "To sit here, 25 years of age, and win my third major championship and be three-quarters of the way to a career Grand Slam ... yeah, I never dreamed of being at this point in my career so quickly."

I dunno, I guess I can imagine Tiger saying something like this although even that is a stretch. But, can you imagine Jack Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer or Ben Crenshaw or any other professional golfer saying something like this? I notice that this Jordan Spieth kid is a cocky fucking asshat too. I get that you have to have an immense level of confidence in yourself to succeed when you play competitive golf at this level.....but, damn.
Well to consider that his Dad bet on him to win a decade ago, I think you can put a lot of this into the nuture category. I agree with you regarding the asshats; golf is so hard and so many kissass rich boys suck at it, a youngster with talent can get out of control ego quick. This attitude is in all sports though.

On the other hand, the only non-American to complete a career slam is Player.

Mike & Mike had a good analysis of Tiger vs. Rory in terms of major finishes, the point being Tiger contends a lot more when he doesn't win. Rory misses cuts and ties for 70th more.
I would be immensely proud of myself also had I won the British Open.
Not hard to be proud and humble at the same time. That would be if you had any understanding of the game at all.

Who is this Tiger you speak of. Did he show up at the event?
Count how many time BO says "I" in one of his speeches.
Not hard to be proud and humble at the same time. That would be if you had any understanding of the game at all.

Who is this Tiger you speak of. Did he show up at the event? Originally Posted by The2Dogs
As would I, you fucking clueless buffoon. But, apparently unlike you and the also clueless Mr. Mcilroy, I'd make every effort to have enough class not to say so to the press or anybody else.
Count how many time BO says "I" in one of his speeches. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Which has shit to do with what? Obama is at fault because an Irish kid is an arrogant ass? Is there nothing that can't be blamed on Obama? Insane ODS.
Atleast he didn't get up there and thank god for everything like so many others do. I laugh everytime I hear that shit, you think god had anything to do with you catching the ball or hitting a home run.

The next question is. Will Rory win the Masters before Phil wins the U.S Open.
No, because Obama will lose it.
Atleast he didn't get up there and thank god for everything like so many others do. I laugh everytime I hear that shit, you think god had anything to do with you catching the ball or hitting a home run.

The next question is. Will Rory win the Masters before Phil wins the U.S Open. Originally Posted by Worldtravler
All that's left for Phil is indictments, gambling losses and prostrate troubles. Next!
not sure your point? you must not be a Golf fan? Rory is a class player and has been since day one. and do you even know what an 'Open' Golf Tournament is?

Means: EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD has a chance to make it.. so Rory should be proud as hell of himself!!!!!!!!!
Not hard to be proud and humble at the same time. That would be if you had any understanding of the game at all. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Can someone be humble and congratulate themselves at the same time?
TrannyTim is A-OK with Obama's out of control ego; but god forbid a golfer who just won a major let's his shine thru.
Even by the standards of the political world, Mr. Obama’s obsession with virtuosity and proving himself the best are remarkable, those close to him say. (Critics call it arrogance.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/us...3P4Rdy/Cgzx/ew

TrannyTim's hormones must be outta whack; his emotions seem to be getting the best of him these days ! TrannyTim, are you also suffering from hot flashes? You might want to go see your Gynecologist and get a check up....you need therapy.
Nicklaus was pretty cocky in his day.
Times have changed.
  • Tetas
  • 07-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Every time I hear his name I think of Tin Cup and this song runs through my head...

If I had won it everyone could kiss my ass...LOL