O Canada

What better way to get some relief from rude southerners than to sing the praise of our northern neighbors!

This is for Frankie, Autumn and other fine Canadian ladies:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/15/travel...a-does-better/
Autumn, did mention that didn't she ?! <3
What better way to get some relief from rude southerners than to sing the praise of our northern neighbors!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/15/travel...a-does-better/ Originally Posted by jackfengshui
See Jack - there's definitely some things we can agree on!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/15/travel...a-does-better/ Originally Posted by jackfengshui
May I inquire as to whom the rude southerners might be?
May I inquire as to whom the rude southerners might be? Originally Posted by Joe Maama
Sorry, I'll rather stay on topic and talk about some outstanding Canadians, such as Frank Gehry, James Cameron, Michael J Fox, Morley Safer, Alex Trebek, just to name a few.
Sorry, I'll rather stay on topic and talk about some outstanding Canadians, such as Frank Gehry, James Cameron, Michael J Fox, Morley Safer, Alex Trebek, just to name a few. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Since mention of rude southerners was made, I gathered that was part of the topic. I have considered southerners for the most part to be of the polite sort. My mistake I guess.
Joe, you're right, of course. My use of "southerners" was inappropriate when I really had only posters from one state in mind. Now, back to praising Canada.
Joe, you're right, of course. My use of "southerners" was inappropriate when I really had only posters from one state in mind. Now, back to praising Canada. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Jack, you are usually the epitome of civility and good cheer. So when you mentioned rude, I took notice. I'm still at a loss as to whom you are reffering, and why?
Joe, more mea culpa from me. "Condescending" might have been a better choice than "rude". Diplomacy is usually more effective than "lecturing" when making accusatory posts in another regional forum,
Joe, more mea culpa from me. "Condescending" might have been a better choice than "rude". Diplomacy is usually more effective than "lecturing" when making accusatory posts in another regional forum, Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I'm sorry Jack. I did research the thread to which you alluded. I'm just not used to hearing terms like rude and condescending coming from you. What troubles me more is that the full story seems to be getting swept under the rug. Perhaps we will learn more when the banned posters return.
Perhaps we will learn more when the banned posters return. Originally Posted by Joe Maama
Wait no more, at least for one.
Wait no more, at least for one. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
was planning a longer break
but to tired to go get my turkey dinner this morning.
I'm sorry Jack. I did research the thread to which you alluded. I'm just not used to hearing terms like rude and condescending coming from you. What troubles me more is that the full story seems to be getting swept under the rug. Perhaps we will learn more when the banned posters return. Originally Posted by Joe Maama
clam got it right
was planning a longer break
but to tired to go get my turkey dinner this morning. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Honey, I wont be home this morning
My favorite Canadians are Paul Shafer, who conducts a helluva an orchestra for CBS' Letterman Show, and Neil Young...longtime singer, songwriter.