Ladies' Yahoo accounts are being hacked

Hi everyone,

So the past few days, I've received two emails with the exact same short message about needing a favor from two different ladies in two different cities. I just spoke to one of the ladies on the phone because obviously I was very suspicious. Her email account was hacked. These people send a short message to all of the lady's contacts about needing a favor they are sure you can help with. When you respond, they give you a sob story about having a sister with cancer and needing money for her treatment right away, and "she" will be happy to trade services for it at a later date, blah blah blah. Both ladies had a Yahoo email address, and the lady I spoke with is sure that they are targeting Yahoo accounts specifically. She's been fighting them for control of their account all day, because they keep trying to lock her out.

TL;DR: If you get a message from a lady you know about needing a favor, her account has been hacked. Do not respond. Let her know immediately.
I got one today from a Dallas provider
Just got another spam needing $980 for a sisters operation
Ladies contact me all the time requesting my legendary 1.3" of dangling death to service them. I am only one fucktard, damnit ...
I've gotten two of them. Two different providers trying to sell me some diet aid from the Oprah Show.
Yahoo is shit!
This has been going on for at least 4 years.
This has been going on for at least 4 years. Originally Posted by JackNapier
At least, and not just ladies accounts either.
Change your password regularly (monthly) folks and this won't be much of a problem for you.
yahoo accounts are easy to hack and they don't care.
Oh goody! I never get email. . .