Irresponsible Grown-Ups - Low Condom Use over 50

• jfred
  • 10-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Interesting article in today's NYTimes.

Pointing out that "friends with benefits" suits best the young and the mature (who don't require a life partner), researchers at Indiana University discovered that among sexually active males 14-17, eighty percent (80%) answered yes when asked if they used a condom the last time they had sex.

Among single males over 50 who had more than one sex partner in the last year only 25% said they had. Only 40% said they had ever been tested for AIDS.

So the kids have gotten a bad rap, apparently. So have those in p4p -- city streetwalkers excluded, condom usage in the hobby must reach 90%.
Well this article doesn't surprise me in light of the CDC years ago saying there was a surge in HIV among the elderly. I guess when you get over the age of 50 you think your safe? I also think it is just ignorance and lack of education on the facts. The elderly are not educating themselves properly on matters of STD's, and safe sex.
Well this article doesn't surprise me in light of the CDC years ago saying there was a surge in HIV among the elderly. I guess when you get over the age of 50 you think your safe? I also think it is just ignorance and lack of education on the facts. The elderly are not educating themselves properly on matters of STD's, and safe sex. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
Actually, it's a functional disability of being over 50: when facing a nice piece of a$$, your adrenalin is running so high and you're so excited at the rare prospect that your hands are shaking and you couldn't roll one on.
Actually, it's a functional disability of being over 50: when facing a nice piece of a$$, your adrenalin is running so high and you're so excited at the rare prospect that your hands are shaking and you couldn't roll one on. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
LOL