+ * California Rates vs. Texas Rates + *

So, I have been touring Los Angeles and am convinced that I will be moving to the City of Angels within the next 18 months, at least relocating to some part of SoCal.

During my past two trips to Los Angeles, I had discussed hourly pricing with my repeat clients in L.A. While in conversation with my clients, several of them argued that in Los Angeles, I could command $600 - $700/hour which is the norm for girls and $1100/2 hours. I almost choked on my champagne. Several of my clients were hesistant to book with me for the first time when I began touring Los Angeles, because my hourly rate reflected that of Texas rates and they felt that the "too low Texas rate" in a sea of LA girls commanding double my hourly rate could be a scam, etc. It was odd because I was wondering why several men in Los Angeles were requesting 4-5 hour appointments with me and now it makes perfect sense. They could get double the time with me than an hourly girl in L.A.

Now, in Texas, several men won't see girls priced above $300.00/hour - $350.00/hour. Several of them have criticized me for this, but I can't make everyone happy. Cost of living in California is higher, BUT not double that of Texas. It is amazing that rates can fluctuate dramatically in two different states. I am now doing away with my hourly services in Texas because I was spoiled in Los Angeles.

Just some thoughts.
You are worth every penny. If I had that many pennies, I'd cough them up. Alas, I don't. I, for one, will be sorry to see you move to Cali, but will wish the best for you.
BarneyRubble,

You are too sweet and our time together was exquisite, intellectual and passionate. I will still make a monthly visit to Texas after my move, but I think that since I am extremely low volume, making double in California for doing half the work is strategic. Keep in mind, I am keeping my two hour rate the same in this state, but doing away with the one hour in Texas. I will increase my rates in California to reflect their market.

How have you been? Again, thank you for the beautiful compliment.

xo

Angelina

You are worth every penny. If I had that many pennies, I'd cough them up. Alas, I don't. I, for one, will be sorry to see you move to Cali, but will wish the best for you. Originally Posted by barneyrubble
You are worth every penny of whatever someone will pay.

It is all market driven.

Good luck here and there.
Very true. A good point you make. The varying rates in different markets (i.e. California and Texas), is what I find intriguing. For me, I want to find a balance between both states which is fair. What I also find interesting is that the less I advertise on this site, the more inquiries and business I receive with requests of multi-hour appointments. When I first entered into the hobby, I made the mistake of pricing myself (what I perceive to be) too low, but now, I want to be exclusive and not see everyone. It's starting to make sense. There is a market for two hour minimum girls like me who spoil their clients

You are worth every penny of whatever someone will pay.

It is all market driven.

Good luck here and there. Originally Posted by shooter6.5
Those of us that work in various portions of the nation or in my case the world have different rates based on simply "Supply and Demand", services of manual labor no matter what type always will be different in various locations.

I personally work in Alaska often, thou based in Texas my rates are 35% less in Texas than the north slope, why....cause there is very few dumb asses like me that will work in negative 30 weather, so the demand is high and supply low.

Angelina, you have a very well established reputation among most of us in Central Texas, you know what it takes to provide the service and what it takes to be successful, but always remember what it took to start up the hill of achievement, never forget your base and those whom help you to get there. You will do well wherever you locate, you have not only the package but the desire to have fun.

Good luck, but I DON'T want to watch you one day on "Orange County Housewives".
Woody,

So, I was having a terrible day, but you brought a huge smile to my face after reading your remarks. I worked hard for my reputation and it wasn't easy. My original clients have been grandfathered into the lower rate and have the option for an hour if they choose.

I ADORE every client of mine and have sort of increased my level/quality of services. As for the Real Housewives of Orange County, they make my stomach turn! I won't ever resort to that level of harsh materialism and faux.

Thanks again, Woody.

xoxo

Angelina

Those of us that work in various portions of the nation or in my case the world have different rates based on simply "Supply and Demand", services of manual labor no matter what type always will be different in various locations.

I personally work in Alaska often, thou based in Texas my rates are 35% less in Texas than the north slope, why....cause there is very few dumb asses like me that will work in negative 30 weather, so the demand is high and supply low.

Angelina, you have a very well established reputation among most of us in Central Texas, you know what it takes to provide the service and what it takes to be successful, but always remember what it took to start up the hill of achievement, never forget your base and those whom help you to get there. You will do well wherever you locate, you have not only the package but the desire to have fun.

Good luck, but I DON'T want to watch you one day on "Orange County Housewives". Originally Posted by Woody of TX
CA cost of living may actually be double that of TX when you take into account the tax bite!
Be careful with your research before you make the commitment. As one who has hobbied extensively everywhere in Texas and all over SoCal, my observation is that there is a difference in what the market will bear, but it's probably not as significant as you are hoping for. Of course, ladies who look (and provide services) like you can always command a premium rate, and I think you should charge whatever the market will bear. But I have experienced a wide range of providers in both places--from 220/hour to 2000/hour, literally--and would say that a lady who normally asks for and gets a 300 donation in Dallas, would command closer to 400 in say, Newport Beach, than 600. This is not a scientific conclusion, just my feeling based on previous experience. Best of luck to you--you'll love the LA area, I know I do--and hope to hook up with you out there (I don't think your proposed rates are too high).
CA cost of living may actually be double that of TX when you take into account the tax bite! Originally Posted by jceeman
A very good point!
  • hd
  • 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Tell me it's not true, I was hoping you'd visit Dallas at least once so I could meet you for the first time. I rec'd your reply to my email today, and my heart is heart is heavy with sadness.
Be cautious, it's not always greener!

Good luck in your endeavors
h-d
So, I have been touring Los Angeles and am convinced that I will be moving to the City of Angels within the next 18 months, at least relocating to some part of SoCal. Originally Posted by Angelina Adams

That makes me VERY sad. It has been too long since we have seen each other. Please don't leave before I can see you again. I have some cool gifts to bring you next time too.

You should check your pm's and emails....
I think it is perception that drives the differences in rates between LA (SoCal) and Texas. I'm sure cost of living has something to do with it, but I disagree with the contention that Cali is double that of Texas. Maybe 10-15% more but not much than that. When I think LA, I think Hollywood, glitz, glam and excess. I think the clientele in LA is perceived to be Hollywood stars or other "moguls". I think providers bump up their rates based on perception of the LA "scene". Now there is Texas. The image I get is more down-home, more blue collar-- less glitz, less glam. Again the perception of clientele comes into play. In Texas, the perception is that hobbyists work regular jobs which dictates the rates for providers. Personally, I think LA is more a scene for HDHs than it is for "normal" providers while Texas is the opposite. For me, the bottom line is perception.

............. I had discussed hourly pricing with my repeat clients in L.A. While in conversation with my clients, several of them argued that in Los Angeles, I could command $600 - $700/hour which is the norm for girls and $1100/2 hours. I almost choked on my champagne. Several of my clients were hesistant to book with me for the first time when I began touring Los Angeles, because my hourly rate reflected that of Texas rates and they felt that the "too low Texas rate" in a sea of LA girls commanding double my hourly rate could be a scam, etc. It was odd because I was wondering why several men in Los Angeles were requesting 4-5 hour appointments with me and now it makes perfect sense. They could get double the time with me than an hourly girl in L.A........... Originally Posted by Angelina Adams
i guess you didn't reas this thread http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=19880&page=11 prior to your post. I guess for some ladies it is not all about the money, but for others it is. I'll stick with the ones it's not.
I been good Angelina. But the glow of our encounter is about to wear off so I hope you make it back soon! You are a very sweet girl. And, you are smart to consider all your options and maximize your earning power to the extent that it satisfies you and keeps you happy. Very happy to hear the great state of Texas will not remain totally in your rear view mirror.