Does this bother you too?

I have been trying to schedule with a well reviewed provider. My first attempt was through here and we exchanged PMs where I was informed I would have to have a P-411 account, so several days passed until I was "verified" and I contacted her again. She said I was good to go and and it was agreed that I should contact her the following day after 2:00. The following day I tried calling her at 2:15, no answer, left message. Tried PMing her here, PMs read but not answered. Ok.

Tried again yesterday. She had to re-verify me through P-411. She said it couldn't be until 9:00pm which was fine me if she was ok with it. She let me know that she would probably betired and we should try for today. Not wanting to have a lackluster session, I agreed to "try" for today.

I texted her around 3:30 to see what time was gonna be good. Nothing. No reply. I come home. Now it is about 6:00 and I send another text and she finally replies with "can't tonight". Ahhh, just great. Would have been nice to have known when I sent the first text. I would have had more time to develope a contingency plan which are hard when you don't like to cancel on a provider.

Moving on to the next one. Already deleted this ones contact info. She didn't really seem engaged to the idea of meeting anyway, as I have now discovered.

The questions:
At what point does an appointment become an appointment?
Is this a rarity or does this happen frequently, to others?
If so, would you have moved on the first event or given them a second opportunity?
Does this bother you too or is just me?
I definitely understand that sometimes things DO pop up - from her short response" cant today" however, it is clear she was not quite as enthusiastic on meeting you. If I hadto guess why, could it be that you have very little activity here as even a somewhat active member? I'm not sure about her or other providers, but for me it does make me feel a bit more easy knowing you are familiar with the board and others can recognize you... however this would not encourage me to NOT see you - it could be that you have a busy life outside ECCIE (i know shocker!). The way she dismissed you was not good - some providers put more value on their repeat clients - not new. ijs.
Happens all the time ..... I usually dont call it an appointment until we have spoken, P411/Eccie be damned. Ijs
I understand that things DO "pop-up" but say something. I personally do not need the detail but at least offer to discuss another "firm" date. Us guys juggle our schedules and routines also. As for the activity on here? Well, that is something that she could have easily inquired about. Is it that she is concerned I will not review the session? If she offers a review discount then that may be it. Thank you for your perspective. You have to see them first for them to be repeat clients. I personally like seeing repeat providers to build a mutual repoire. I think the time together improves when you learn some basic likes and dislikes over the course of time.
Happens all the time ..... I usually dont call it an appointment until we have spoken, P411/Eccie be damned. Ijs Originally Posted by internet_inventor2
+1. What he said.
ii2
Does a text constitute a conversation if that is their preferred method of communication?
Did you ever have a "firm" date and time or was it all a "try" for this kinda thing.
I understand that things DO "pop-up" but say something. I personally do not need the detail but at least offer to discuss another "firm" date. Us guys juggle our schedules and routines also. As for the activity on here? Well, that is something that she could have easily inquired about. Is it that she is concerned I will not review the session? If she offers a review discount then that may be it. Thank you for your perspective. You have to see them first for them to be repeat clients. I personally like seeing repeat providers to build a mutual repoire. I think the time together improves when you learn some basic likes and dislikes over the course of time. Originally Posted by mountie
This is another reason why I do prefer to decline 30 minute sessions. She may be concerned you won't write a review -------------> reviews dont pay z bills...
ii2
Does a text constitute a conversation if that is their preferred method of communication? Originally Posted by mountie
Usually either her showcase or her website will mention her preferred method of communication. In the end, many ladies will want a positive contact via telephone to confirm the appointment. In all fairness, they should let you know that via text or PM during your initial communications.

You're making a good effort. Move on to the next one and don't worry about it. I promise, there are plenty of choices for you and you'll do fine.

All the best.
I think the not replying back for days in the very beginning was a hint, but I am so wrong about a great many things
It was all try. An appointment to make an appointment. When it came to firming up with her she either would not repond (1st time) or "can't tonight" (this time). I guess her availability status of "open-please schedule" isn't quite as open as that would indicate.
Thank you JD I am trying

I never have been good at "hints". Would rather just be told. Sooooo much easier that way.
Get used to it bro.
It sucks that we have to OB but it is what it is. I should have gotten some pointers from you on scheduling with her.
You just have to decide how much you wanna put up with....