Provider References

• Darth
  • 03-23-2010, 04:08 AM
For the providers on the site--how does the reference process work? I am not a full time hobbyist-my job keeps me out of the country a lot, and I only participate maybe once per year--at different locations when I come back. Because of this, a pay site like 411 doesn't work for me. So take that out of the equation, and how are references managed? Does any newbie provider with a phone number qualify? Only references from ECCIE providers or similar? Would references from another city count? And how do you follow up and vailidate the references. I am asking because I have seen a couple of providers here in town, and I want to see a few more--but the ones that I would like to set appointments with require references-Just want to make sure I am doing what I need to set up what I want!
I can only speak for myself, every gal has their own methods, but since there is a great deal of similarities this might give you a general idea.

I have to be able to verify the provider. If she has a p411, if she has reviews on Eccie/ourhome2/ERAPS, if I've met her at a social, then I can verify that she's legit with skin in the game. This isn't usually a big problem, as I've at least heard of most of the Texas indy providers. Example: I've never met happy_bunny_SATX, she rarely posts anywhere, but I've heard about her and she answers PMs so I've asked her for references before (she gives good references, actually).

References from another city count. Some of the gals I know best live in another city. Another state, well, that might be different. Example: I live in CC and SensualSophia lives in Austin, but I've gotten references from her lots of times. I'd take references from Blond Lily or Caroline, and they're out of state.

By preference, a fellow will send me references with their contact info. It sucks to be told nothing more than, "I saw a gal named Tinkerbell09 in Florida". I'll contact the ladies by the least intrusive method I'm given first off; PM if I can, then email, but I'll call if all I have is a number. (Unless I know her well, in which case I already have her number and I'll just call because it's quickest.) I'll give her as much info as I have on the fellow - his name is this, his number is this, he lives in this city, he says he saw you first week of December - and ask for any information I can get in return. And by "information" I'm not talking your driver's licence, I mean a physical description and that you're a freak for DFK.

Old references are probably going to be your biggest hurdle. Some gals won't take references older than a few months. Some gals won't be able to reference you if they only saw you once, months ago, and never heard from you again. If you're going to use a gal as a reference and it's been a good long while, it might be best to call her up and ask if she's willing to reference you. Be prepared to provide details of the appointment (when, where, what happened, what you look like).

Hope this helps.
Thanks soooo much Emily!!!!!! I'm a noob and I had the same question!
If i can establish that provider is "for real' , ie has reviews, website , P411 and or Datecheck, it does not matter which city/state she is in.

Lina
If i can establish that provider is "for real' , ie has reviews, website , P411 and or Datecheck, it does not matter which city/state she is in.

Lina Originally Posted by Sensual Lina
that's it? you do know there are C.I's on those sites as well, right? and how about someone like me who has a NO REVIEW POLICY. then what? am I established? do i have a so called "stella reputation?"

the ones who claim (both men/women) IMO have the worse reputations. how does one really screen? forgive me, I'm a newbie too.
that's it? you do know there are C.I's on those sites as well, right? and how about someone like me who has a NO REVIEW POLICY. then what? am I established? do i have a so called "stella reputation?"

the ones who claim (both men/women) IMO have the worse reputations. how does one really screen? forgive me, I'm a newbie too. Originally Posted by caroline!
Soo Im guessing by having a no review policy youre like almost UTR but not totally like UTR for reals omg? hmmm youd be SUTR, Sorta Under The Radar. Are you reeeeeally a newbie? Im sensing some sarcasm Carol, not helpful sweetie lol. Btw whos stella?
Seriously though I think Emily pretty much nailed it yeah
Seriously though I think Emily pretty much nailed it yeah Originally Posted by Aftershock
IF you say so... and yes, Emily, very nice.

the post above me: My post was helpful. it was to make her think and realize those sites she listed and how she stated wasn't wasn't LE proof... and I gave her examples of what could go wrong. IF she took my post the wrong way, let her address it to me since I quoted her.

And you ...can leave the SCREENING to the PROs and not try to be cute w/ my post...Huh? excuse you, who are you and why are you even addressing me?
  • Darth
  • 03-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Thank you Emily! I hobby so infrequently, that once per year, somewhere, for a week, I try and meet providers...unfortunately, that usually means I have to go CL or BP and by the time I have seen enough non-fly by night providers--I am heading home, and never get to experience the TRUE TALENT in the city I am in....
Oh ok, thanks being a doll and clearing that up for me Carol, take care now, bye bye.