iso bored tech savvy person to help me with GV... THANKS :)

hey can you PM me if you are tech savvy and would be able to
help me get google voice set up on my new phone as i am semi
retired i have decided this would be the best option for me
but im really frustrated its not working right THANKS
  • LNK
  • 07-31-2013, 02:10 PM
PM sent.
Question in the same vein, I've been too lazy to try, but can more than 1 GV number be set up on a phone?
Question in the same vein, I've been too lazy to try, but can more than 1 GV number be set up on a phone? Originally Posted by zx10
No

The 2nd Google Voice number setup removes the phone from the first.
I tried to get 2 GVoice #'s on my phone.. it won't work. But.. it might be possible to use the 1st GV # as the target # for the 2nd GV... have not tried it.

I do know with my carrier I can have 2 phone #'s from the carrier on 1 SIM card so that means 2 GV#'s
Before careful in the use of GV in this world of ours.

You might do some site wide searching and read up on the why people think it is great and why people think it is the devil in a cream pie.

Personally, I think it is awful for the hobbiest and the provider.
Before careful in the use of GV in this world of ours.

You might do some site wide searching and read up on the why people think it is great and why people think it is the devil in a cream pie.

Personally, I think it is awful for the hobbiest and the provider. Originally Posted by jframe2
GV works for me in my situation but I admit the amount of storage of messages could be dangerous to someone with a nosy SO who could figure out your passwords.
Question in the same vein, I've been too lazy to try, but can more than 1 GV number be set up on a phone? Originally Posted by zx10
If you have an Android phone, yes, you can.
You have to purchase an app called GrooveIP (get it from the play store) - and sign in to that using your 2nd google account that has a GV number tied to it.

The good thing about GrooveIP is that it will make calls over the internet (without using your minutes, if you are on a fixed number of minutes type plan)
It does require a reasonably reliable/fast internet connection (wifi or 3g/4g).