Title transfer info

Is there anyone who can walk me through this process? I need detailed info on how to make this transition as smooth and mistake free as possible, because this will be handled via snail mail. I've never done this before, so please be gentle! This is an auto title transfer I'm trying to do.
PM me if you can help educate me.
Thank you.
Louisiana title?
Yes it is.
Yes it is. Originally Posted by Nicolet
i met the seller at a title transfer in metairie handed the seller cash gave the title to the transfer people and they did all the paper work. if it an older car you can tell them u paid $500.00 or less to save on taxes
If you can also ask the seller if they will sign it as a donation will reduce taxes more
As I mentioned, I have no experience with this sort of thing. The state the vehicle is titled in is Louisiana, but the title is physically in TN with the owner who is a family member.
If someone has the knowledge and experience, I would appreciate the assistance with this.
Thank you.
You'll probably need to go to a notary public that does title transfers. They will charge a small fee but will handle everything for you including registering the vehicle with the DMV. I'm sure there's a few in your area just check with one to see what documents they need. Good luck
Thanks. I don't want to register it, I want it gone. Scrap, sold for parts, anything. I would have to dump a boatload of money into it and it just ain't worth it.
http://www.dmv.org/la-louisiana/title-transfers.php

http://www.donateforcharity.com/louisiana/

http://www.kars4kids.org/donate-car-la.asp

Find someone to donate it to and they'll probably take care of the title work and pick it up.
Thank you turbo for the valuable information!
Call BH. In the past they came and got an old car from me, did the title work and gave me a usable receipt for tax purposes.
Call BH. In the past they came and got an old car from me, did the title work and gave me a usable receipt for tax purposes. Originally Posted by trainwreck+
Bridge House took my old truck recently. Out-of-state title--no problem. They need the actual title & a photocopy of your driver's license. They give you the option of a straight $500 donation or to wait & see what the car re-sells for. They take anything that has or used-to-have four wheels. The ladies where I work asked me to donate to that group when I said it was time to donate the truck b/c they've supported it for a long time. They were VERY easy to work with.
I would feel terrible to donate such a mess of a vehicle to the good people of Bridge House or any other charitable organization. It has a popped window and I'm pretty sure mildew has set in. Its a shame too, it had a nice sound system in it.
Some of the org's will take it for parts. Call them and BR truthful snouts condition.
Call Pull-a-Part or LKQ in Baton Rouge. They will buy it from you for a few hundred. That is what whoever you donate the car is going to do.