Using Own Domain Name With Whois Privacy For This "Community" (And Other "Communities")

Anyone have any personal experience using their own domain name (with WHOIS privacy) for any correspondence within this "community" or other "communities"? Mostly interested in the custom domain name to set up a consistent email address I can move to email service to different email service, as necessary, without having to "update" the actual email address (ex. instead of going from xyz@gmail.com to xyz@protonmail.com to then xyz@nextemailservice.com, have xyz@customdomain.com or xyz@customdomain.me, and just shift around the email service in the background seamlessly). I do not foresee myself setting up any other internet services (website, FTP, etc) to use this new custom domain besides email. I have the technical know-how to set this all up, and already have completely segregated my personal and "community" correspondence years ago...just interested how having a custom domain works in practice (especially security and privacy-wise) for people in our community. Replies/questions here or in PM welcome. Thanks in advance.
Anyone have any personal experience using their own domain name (with WHOIS privacy) for any correspondence within this "community" or other "communities"?

...just interested how having a custom domain works in practice (especially security and privacy-wise) for people in our community. Replies/questions here or in PM welcome. Thanks in advance. Originally Posted by SecretE

ya. I use my domain name (with WHOIS privacy)
for my email address in this 'community'

I use Protonmail (PM) for my custom domain email, and
security/privacy is just the same my registrar can't
see more from my domain than a DNS Server

PM doesn't know who sent an email, the subject, the attachments, etc.

it's also easy to switch providers with PM since
you won't need to give everyone a new address

If you use a WHOIS protector, you won't have to worry about
the custom domain compromising your privacy

but if one is concerned with having their privacy compromised
due to their domain registrar, then register with Njalla