What are your thoughts?

I am sitting here watching Karate Kid II and the fight scenes are so corny, lol. I must admit that these movies are classic but really how did we ever think these fights were really all that great.

What movie in your opinion is ridiculous?
LOL I watched jaws the other night how the hell did that fake shark scare the hell out of me and so many others
Maximum overdrive...but I was 10 when it was released so you cant hold it against me.

If you enjoy fight movies blood and bone is a good one that seamed to fly under the radar.

Another is Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior. Just stay away from its sequal/prequals
I've been thinking about Soup....
I loved the Clash of the Titans from the 80's... saw it again recently and was a little embarrassed.

LF
Yea but the Clash of the Titans from teh 80s was about a 100 times better than the one they made a few years ago. Now that is Sad.

Oh and I never thought the fight scenes in karate kid were any good.
Jaws never scared me. I watched that movie and went out surfing after. Guess I just already knew more about sharks than most people even as a kid. But It was a good movie and gota admit I jumped a few times. But it didnt make me scared to go in the water.
Along the same lines as clash of the titans we can't forget about Beastmaster or Krull.
I would say the Dilemma
also, any 80's movie with a ninja anywhere in it... oh, and 90's movies with white dudes using ninja-like skills

LF
LadiesFan,

Speaking of Ninjas I just watched a pretty terrible movie titled “Ninja” two nights ago. It had the 80's and 90's era of Ninja movies covered in that the movie was initially set in Japan in a stereotypical dojo with a orphaned white guy who later comes to America.

It also possessed the campy elements that made Ninja Movies work back in the 80’s…bad acting, wretched choreography, etc. The problem was that it lacked the entertainment value those old 80’s movies somehow captured in their day.
  • yeesh
  • 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Two words- CON AIR...
For the record, Beastmaster STILL rocks and it scared the hell out of me back in the day. And was that guy on Human Growth Hormone or WHAT? He was the original muscle dude.

As for Krull...I actually made my own boomerang weapon to be just like that guy. A horse that could ride a 1000 leagues in a day. Cyclops who could only see their death coming. Wizards 1st Rule has NOTHING on the imgination of that movie.
Night of the living dead! OMG it looks so fake now!
Beastmaster -- Tanya Roberts' ass all day long! WOW!
ok, to me Spaceballs..... I remembered laughing my head off at that movie, and I still do, but it really looks more ridiculous than it was then.