Senator Joni Ernst's "Simple" Upbringing!

Yea Earnst doesn't much impress me but she did impress the Iowa voters enough to take that seat from the Dems. SO what is your point? She is a hypocrite? Wow a politician that is a hypocrite whod a thunk it. But honestly 30 grand in operating expenses on a farm you think that's a lot of money? I'm also not sure how her Uncle figures into this hit piece but hey when you have nothing you have to attack the messenger right?
Iowa is the gateway to Nebraska. They all save bread wrappers.
Let's see, this thread was authored in response to a story about Joni Ernst, the pig castrater.

Once solid evidence was presented exposing her for a fraud and hypocrite, the thread quickly turned into name calling, and, of course, a counter attack on President Obama. The instant devolution into RWW spin and deflection is further indication no good thread goes unsullied. Nice touch with the barnyard feces, JDIdiot. At least you directed it to the poster and not the subject of the debate. a sign of your accomplishments in higher education.

No denials. Just projectile vomiting from the humorless right.

Welcome the Throw Up Thursday!

Maybe Captain Midnight has the right idea.
I'm surprised they're not insanely jealous and are squealing they didn't get theirs!
Wait a second!

How come none of these boys is talking about how they'd like to fuck her instead of Al Sharpton?
Apparently the Iowa Senator is not what she appears to be. The story follows:

Joni Ernst, the new Republican senator from Iowa who delivered the GOP response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech Tuesday night, called in her address for cuts in government spending and described how her views grew out of her own “simple” upbringing, one in which her family diligently watched ever scarce penny, to the point where she owned only one pair of shoes.

But an investigation of public records by the Washington D.C.-based District Sentinel online news site showed that between 1995 and 2009, Ernst’s family received nearly a half-million dollars in government handouts, payments targeted toward subsidizing farms with taxpayer funds.

“I had only one good pair of shoes. So on rainy school days, my mom would slip plastic bread bags over them to keep them dry,” Ernst described in her State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday.

“But I was never embarrassed. Because the school bus would be filled with rows and rows of young Iowans with bread bags slipped over their feet. Our parents may not have had much, but they worked hard for what they did have.”

The address sounded many of the same themes used by Ernst in her election campaign in 2014, one which featured an advertisement depicting Ernst castrating a pig, as she declared that because her family learned to “live within our means,” the federal government should “do the same.”

But the District Sentinel investigation showed that Ernst’s own father, Richard Culver, received $38,395 in taxpayer handouts, almost all of which went to corn subsidies. The Iowa senator’s uncle, Dallas Culver, made out even better, soaking up almost $370,000 in federal agriculture subsidies.

The total subsidies enjoyed by members of Joni Ersnt’s family came in upwards of $460,000.

Ernst failed to mention her own family’s reliance on government assistance in her speech touting the virtues of self-reliance. Nor did major media outlets that covered her speech make note of her family’s willingness to benefit from government spending, at the same time that Ersnt called for the new, Republican congress to “cut wasteful spending.”

CNN, for example, highlighted Ernst’s “hardscrabble upbringing,” while NBC News told how the 44-year-old Joni Ernst “brushed aside the president’s call for higher taxes on the wealthy, vowing that Republicans would cut wasteful spending and propose meaningful tax reforms.”

The Wall Street Journal even criticized Joni Ernst for not calling for enough cuts to “wasteful spending,” noting that her outspoken opposition to “federal government subsidies” was a big factor in earning her election to the Senate.

But neither the Journal nor any of the other major media outlets made note of the fact that the family of Joni Ernst herself would have benefited from exactly such “federal government subsidies.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1777070/jon...8HAzqCSxQOH.99
Too soon. Wait for SNL to run a skit claiming she can see Russia from her back yard. Then you can pile on.
I wondered when some ignorant know nothing piece of shit would take a shot and here you are. Ignorant with a capital "I". $460,000 in 14 years divided among many members of her family but not her you asshole. Should I take exception to you because you come from a family of horse thieves and hookers? Maybe you should do the math before you cut and paste like a loser. About $32,000 a year divided between at least two different households or $16,000 AT THE MOST. Ever hear of something that was called the land bank? Farms were paid to not grow crops. This goes back to FDR. My family were farmers but we didn't get to play with the big boys. Guess we didn't own enough land to count.

by the way Tampon, I got your portrait ready
You might want to think twice about looking into someone's background.

It can sometimes come back to bite'cha...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-glad...u-was-democrat
Nothing about Obama has ever been real. All those women who fainted in the 2008 campaign, no medical records despite having been taken out on stretchers. No records of them at all.
A yet she still took a seat from a Democrat...
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2015, 08:06 AM
A yet she still took a seat from a Democrat... Originally Posted by boardman
You're ok with her poor family taking 500k in farming subsidies as long as she replaces a Democrat! You Tea boys are something else...
  • Old-T
  • 01-22-2015, 08:34 AM
You're ok with her poor family taking 500k in farming subsidies as long as she replaces a Democrat! You Tea boys are something else... Originally Posted by WTF
Isn't that what all the mud slinging on here is about--and what politics is all about now--"winning"? Who cares what is right--most on here don't and most politicians don't either. We've seen that here when posters flip-flop their "principles" depending upon whether there hero-gods are the ones pushing for or against it.

Ernst will fit into the DC political sewer quite well it seems. She has hardly been there and is apparently already acting like a pompous self-entitled ass so long as she is off camera/mike. Teddy C with a sex change operation. All Sharpton with a different hair style.

She will be great source of stupidity in the press and another attention seeking impediment to getting actual government done. Has she decided if she is going to make a presidential run in 2020 or 2024 yet?

You would think with that wonderful shoe story she might start up a foundation to provide shoe to shoeless school kids in the Oxen Hill area or something.
Too funny! Forget the shoes, wouldn't it be a great statement for a "simple life" member of Congress to actually live in Oxen Hill. Brings back old memories of my first trip to DC. Stayed in the Oxen Hill Ramada because the price was good and it was close to Anacostia naval station. Then I found out why it was cheep. Eye opening experience for sure.
Isn't that what all the mud slinging on here is about--and what politics is all about now--"winning"? Who cares what is right--most on here don't and most politicians don't either. We've seen that here when posters flip-flop their "principles" depending upon whether there hero-gods are the ones pushing for or against it.

Ernst will fit into the DC political sewer quite well it seems. She has hardly been there and is apparently already acting like a pompous self-entitled ass so long as she is off camera/mike. Teddy C with a sex change operation. All Sharpton with a different hair style.

She will be great source of stupidity in the press and another attention seeking impediment to getting actual government done. Has she decided if she is going to make a presidential run in 2020 or 2024 yet?

You would think with that wonderful shoe story she might start up a foundation to provide shoe to shoeless school kids in the Oxen Hill area or something. Originally Posted by Old-T
You do realize that you're talking about a veteran don't you? I was not aware that the Army was in the habit of promoting fools to LColonel.

Still if you just read the story, most of the money recieved by Joni Culver's family was recieved by her UNCLE and not her father. Reading.... a lost skill.