Payments???

Recently a buddy and I were talking about the hobby, when the subject came up about payment types. We chatted about the Jerry Springer story of him paying with a check while being the Mayor of Cincinnati.

Also with cell phones, credit card readers, and PayPal, you can take credit card payments anywhere. It seems that full service could include full payment options.

So I thought I might bring this conversation here and see what the ladies think about accepting different forms of payment for your time. Any funny stories or any creative ways that guys have tried to pay for your time? What is your preferred method of payment if cash was not available?

Just a few questions that we came up with, that we could not answer but curiosity would like to know...
The providers and clients have different risk & reward matrices, and the media used for exchange must address both. So the two vocabulary words for today are:

ANONYMOUS: (adj) From or by a person whose name is unknown or withheld

&

FUNGIBLE: (adj) Being of such a nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable, in whole or in part, for another of like nature or kind.

The provider requires an exchange media which is fungible. Cash, credit cards, gift cards, and so on are fungible...easily exchanged for other goods or services the provider needs.

The client requires an exchange media which is anonymous. Cash, some gift cards, gold, silver, & smaller diamonds have high anonymity.

There is a limited union between these two sets. Cash. Credit cards and some gift cards do not provide sufficient anonymity for the client. Gold and (Marilyn Monroe notwithstanding) diamonds usually do not provide sufficient fungibility for the provider.

The only other option is barter....where each party has the exact item the other requires. For example, I have an extra jaguar roadster I don't need, and I'm looking for 48 hours of uninterrupted greek. This type of exchange will occur once in a while, but it is rare.
Damn Grits - That's FUNNY!

I guess coinage is fungible and anonymous - maybe he should try a mixture of loose pennies, nickles, and dimes - adding up to $$$ - then roll in a roll or two of quarters as a tip.
Hgrits,

Throw in insurance coverage for a couple years and you got a deal.
Hgrits,

Throw in insurance coverage for a couple years and you got a deal. Originally Posted by MsElena
Health or vision?...it makes a difference. lol
Hgrits,

Throw in insurance coverage for a couple years and you got a deal. Originally Posted by MsElena
LOLOLOL!!! She has a PRICE! Now for some INTENSE negotiations!
Vision, health and auto.

Haven't you read my website, I don't negotiate.

Vision, health and auto.

Haven't you read my website, I don't negotiate.

Originally Posted by MsElena

Now knowing the price for 48 hours, I was gonna ask about 15 minutes!

Kidding! I kid!
I can give you Health, Dental and had to edit last benefit.
Plus the car?
Hahahaha....I was thinking a toy train set?
Toy trains with a Hello-Kitty motif
PayPal is risky. I know of a provider who had her accounts frozen and access to her money taken away.