First Time in the Capital...

Hey there Austin! I've never (Yes I'm 100% Texan) visited Austin in my entire life, and am considering a visit soon depending on interest. I'm from fairly large cities (Dallas/Houston) and can only imagine what Austin has to offer as far as having a blast. Where are some great lounges/bars/tour areas? Which location(s) are best to room at? And most importantly, FOOD (Hell a girls got to eat!). Famous Austin restaurants/eateries must be visited. I love authentic Texas Barbecue and Tex-Mex btw...

PM's are fine as well

Thanks in Advance Austin!

Eva Damita
Tough crowd ... or do I have to be initiated with a cock-sucking marathon for a response? (hmmm...)
The Arboretum area is generally preferred. That's over around 183/360/Mopac. I'd recommend you skip the vagina triangle, 183/I35/290.

I'm not a night owl so can't point you to the night life. All the food around the Arboretum is crap as well, so better find something when you go out at night.
Awww, now that's not true. There is a TruLuck's in the Arboretum and an EddieV's!! For Lighter fare, there is Newk's, which has killer salads, sandwiches, and soups.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Arboretum is great!

Rudy's BbQ is great also....love the shopping in Arboretum!

If ya like good Mexican cafes...drive on lamar Ave}

have fun sexy
Texas Chili Parlor. Dario's Mexican food on the east side.
Thanks Ya'll! I'm excited to visit
some good suggestions in this thread
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=772355
All the food around the Arboretum is crap as well, so better find something when you go out at night. Originally Posted by mrhamm
When is that statement from??? 1980sss??? C'mon out visit us, there are many great places to eat and you can always skip over to the Domain area as well.

Nightlife, yeah, probably not so much, but I am willing to be educated on that.

Eva, seems like you are all set up in my hood :-)
Eva, seems like you are all set up in my hood :-) Originally Posted by fun2come
is this good or bad??? lol thx again loves...DALLAS, ass is lookin RIGHT!