Hobbyist pics

I was just reading a thread in Dallas alerts. One of the providers wanted to exchange pics of a guy with another provider to see if it was the same one in the alert. Both providers had pictures, of either one or two guys. This is an area of concern to me, because I know I do not pose for pictures and I really can not imagine anyone else doing it. Especially someone who was going to do something for an alert to be written on.

So, does this indicate some sort of new trend in the hobby? I am sure it does not, but I am curious in how pics became available.

I would have posted in the alert thread, but did not want to bring it off topic. This has nothing to do with the alert, but could almost ( in my mind) become an alert of it's own. I know for sure I would never knowingly see a provider who keeps pictures of her clients.

• hd
  • 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
I for one would not allow a pic. Since I have an SO! I don't see a problem if the guy is OK with it, except he may change his mind later if his marital status changes, then it's too late.

And I hope any pic taken by a provider is not taken unknowingly, this would be a big time problem compromising the unwritten trust and discretion agreement. Clients are in the same boat as providers who don't show face shots in their showcases.

As far as being a trend? This is the first I've heard of it, but I have always been a little concerned about hidden cameras with a few providers, but that's probably just my own fear getting the best of me, I hope.
There are more than a few gentlemen who post their pic on their p411 profile. Maybe he had one on his p411? There are also a lot of guys who will send pics of themselves before the appointment. I've never asked, but get them sent to me all the time.