The New York Times Trump Expresses No Contrition for Inciting the Capitol Mob

• oeb11
  • 01-12-2021, 02:00 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...PXy?li=BBorjTa

8 more days - DPST's!

President Trump on Tuesday showed no contrition or regret for instigating the mob that stormed the Capitol and threatened the lives of members of Congress and his vice president, saying that his remarks to a rally beforehand were “totally appropriate” and that the effort by Congress to impeach and convict him was “causing tremendous anger.”
© Doug Mills/The New York Times President Trump asserted that it was the impeachment charge, not the violence and ransacking of the Capitol, that was “causing tremendous anger.” Answering questions from reporters for the first time since the violence at the Capitol on Wednesday, the president sidestepped questions about his culpability in the deadly riot that shook the nation’s long tradition of peaceful transfers of power.

“People thought what I said was totally appropriate,” Mr. Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews, en route to Alamo, Texas, where he was set to visit the border wall. Instead, Mr. Trump claimed that racial justice protests over the summer were “the real problem.”
“If you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem,” he said.
Mr. Trump’s defiance came despite near universal condemnation of his role in stoking the assault on the Capitol, including from within his own administration and some of his closest allies on Capitol Hill.
Earlier, he asserted that it was the impeachment charge, not the violence and ransacking of the Capitol, that was “causing tremendous anger.”
Mr. Trump has been largely silent since Friday, when Twitter permanently suspended his Twitter account. When asked directly on Tuesday morning if he would resign with just nine days left in office, Mr. Trump said “I want no violence.”
He did not address his own role in inciting the mob of Trump supporters. Instead, the president framed himself as a victim, calling impeachment a “continuation of the greatest witch hunt in the history of politics.”
“I think it’s causing tremendous anger,” he said.
The aim of the trip to the border with Mexico is to promote the partially built border wall, which the Trump administration views as an accomplishment. The president is scheduled to land in Harlingen at 1 p.m. local time, then fly by helicopter the short distance to McAllen. From there, he is expected to visit a portion of the border wall in nearby Alamo, along the Rio Grande River.
Across the street from McAllen airport, pedestrian fences have been placed where the president’s motorcade is expected to travel. Vehicles from the McAllen Police and the U.S. Border Patrol, as well as unidentified unmarked vehicles, patrolled the area ahead of Mr. Trump’s arrival.
At the Aztek Barber Shop in Alamo, Alejandro Silva, 27, said he held nothing against Mr. Trump and did not have an opinion about the border wall.
“But he shouldn’t be visiting now,” said Mr. Silva, a mechanic. “He should leave office and leave everyone alone.”
The president’s supporters were planning two parades on Tuesday in Harlingen and McAllen, but a coalition of anti-border wall activists, led by La Unión del Pueblo Entero, circulated a petition to urge politicians to cancel Mr. Trump’s trip to Alamo.
“We cannot allow Trump to bring his racist mob to the Rio Grande Valley,” said John-Michael Torres, a spokesman for the organizers.
In response to fears, McAllen Mayor Jim Darling said in a statement: “I understand that emotions are high on both sides, for or against the President and I hope that if there are demonstrations for or against, that they are peaceful with respect to our law enforcement personnel.”

Considering teh DPST planned, fomented, and paid for riots of portland, minneapolis, seattle la, chicago - etc, - teh Hypocrisy is stunning - yet that is the be all and end all of DPST Lies.

Trump never incidted a riot - all Conservatives support peaceful protest - and this bore every hallmark of a DPST antiFa and BLM jack-booted Brownshirt DPST operation.

Those who committed the actions should be arrested and tried in a fair and open court of law - which is not what DPST arrogant leaders plan - they will sacrifice some of their own to make a political Lie for their own Lying LSM - with XiNN and NY Crimes at teh forefront with their hysterical Braying.

8 more days - DPST's - until total, raw, naked power - or so you Think - which DPST's do very little of.
Chicken Little, when your underground bunker fills up with your tears, I'll rent you mine. I don't have any use for it. Cheep!
He did not it was antifa and there did it on own.
Yeah...I don't know what all that means, but it sounds good to me. My dog's liquid turd is more qualified to lead the nation that trump and the GOP.
Trump is in no way responsible for the capitol peaceful protest!
Trump is in no way responsible for the capitol peaceful protest! Originally Posted by winn dixie

Yeah well, there's a few people up on Capitol Hill whose opinion right now is a hell of a lot more important than yours just might tend do disagree with you there, Buckaroo.
Yeah well, there's a few people up on Capitol Hill whose opinion right now is a hell of a lot more important than yours just might tend do disagree with you there, Buckaroo. Originally Posted by Lapdog
Yep the ravenous vindictive dims. No surprise there bub!

Abuse of power will be the dims legacy.
Trump is in no way responsible for the capitol peaceful protest! Originally Posted by winn dixie
So right. He was responsible for inciting a riot and attack on the Capitol. Glad you recognized.
I'm just really glad I don't live in the land of that dixie or the ob1 university of hopelessness.

The RTMers of science denial and just common since denials
I'm just really glad I don't live in the land of that dixie or the ob1 university of hopelessness.

The RTMers of science denial and just common since denials Originally Posted by Tsmokies

Must be a lot of bed bugs and putrid smells there
President Trump is 100% right.
If H I M actually came out and took responsibility or apologized for that, H I M could get charged and impeached. Why would H I M do that? It would be like admitting to a crime that you did or did not do.
Yep the ravenous vindictive dims. No surprise there bub!

Abuse of power will be the dims legacy. Originally Posted by winn dixie

Well, sitting around and allowing the right to continue fucking us over damn sure isn't working, so I'll take your so called "legacy", bub.
Well, sitting around and allowing the right to continue fucking us over damn sure isn't working, so I'll take your so called "legacy", bub. Originally Posted by Lapdog
And raise you some retribution.