For the romantic at heart . . .

In the “Do you think . . .” thread, we briefly took a philosophical look at perspectives on true love. It dawned on me that, without efforts, however feeble, to capture the quintessential character of this universal passion, we would be deprived of many of the greatest historical contributions to poetry, music and cinema. In turn, that gave me the idea for an intriguing thread: what quotes, musical lyrics or movie excerpts/one-liners most closely capture your concept of true love?

Jus to set things in motion, consider the following two examples. If you prefer stylistic simplicity, Jeremy Taylor’s statement that "Love is friendship set on fire" comes very close to capturing the heart of the matter. In reference to the fervor and devotion of true love, who could ever forget, “there ain’t no mountain high enough, Ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough to keep me from getting to you, baby.”
Movie, Jerry Mcguire, "You complete me"
There was one line in the movie "One Fine Day" with Michele Phiffer and George Clooney where they are talking and exchanging kids ect.. she is talking and he is walking away... She says something to the effect of "with all the women I'm sure you don't even remember my name". He stops, walks over and smiles then says "I know your name Mel". The look on her face is great.

I don't know why that one little scene sticks with me but for some reason it makes me think of how we sometimes think someone we like isn't paying attention to us and we are so wrong.
From the Empire Strikes Back.... Right before Han is put into Carbonite Freezing.....

Princess Leia (to Han): "I love you"

Han: "I know"

Even George Lucas couldn't fuck that one up......
Interesting topic. For me right now it would be simon and garfunkel "I am a rock, I am an Island, I have no need of friendship, friendship causes pain, I touch no one and no one touches me" . I guess life's experiences have toughened or hardened me a bit to make me more distant to those around me. I am not unhappy but much harder to get close to. It is ironic that people here in the forums probably know me as well as anyone.
OK breastluvr I still think we would make a GREAT couple...however

coming from me, a woman who just went out, picked up the hottest guy in the bar and f%&kc him stupid...really?

True Love would be wonderful right now, but is that possible?

I totally love how you guys are so passionate about love...if only, uggh, a girl can dream right.

But hey, the sex was good, not the best, but hit the spot lol
In one of my favorite movies Secretary there is a scene where the realization of their sadomasochistic relationship comes to a head and Edward(James Spaders' character) says "We can't do this 24 hours a day,7 days a week". Lee(Maggie Gylennhal) looks at him and says "Why Not?" Typically its not that romantic but if you know the context of the film and the struggle they went through to get to that point its uber-romantic...or I am just that unconventional that I found the beauty and romance in it,lol!
what quotes, musical lyrics or movie excerpts/one-liners most closely capture your concept of true love?
True love???? It's a myth.
.. what quotes, musical lyrics or movie excerpts/one-liners most closely capture your concept of true love? Originally Posted by BreastLuvr
From Scarface - "say hello to my little friend!!"
OK breastluvr I still think we would make a GREAT couple...however

coming from me, a woman who just went out, picked up the hottest guy in the bar and f%&kc him stupid...really?

True Love would be wonderful right now, but is that possible?

I totally love how you guys are so passionate about love...if only, uggh, a girl can dream right.

But hey, the sex was good, not the best, but hit the spot lol Originally Posted by Chellablaine

Chellablaine, you may not have seen my response to your original tongue-in-cheek marriage proposal, but I would like to thank you again so very much for stroking my ego beautifully. I certainly am not opposed to your proposition. (As you teasingly noted, your beautiful 36 DDs are a tremendous selling point for an old breast connoisseur.) However, geographical proximity to each other, or the lack thereof, could complicate its fruition.

True love can be every bit as difficult for us guys to find. Just realize that at least some of us who proclaim to truly value love genuinely mean it. Personally, I have been truly in love four times in the course of this lifetime. It never endured the test of time, either due to bad luck, bad timing or bad judgement on my part. As you can undoubtedly attest, the heart simply wants what it wants when it has determined that it truly wants it. The one thing that I have finally gotten through my thick skull is the simple fact that your emotional well-being is best served if you only pursue the affections of persons who are just as emotionally available at that point in time as you are. Timing, unfortunately, is critically important in affairs of the heart.
Timing...... That one word speaks volumes when it comes to romantic relationships....
Uggh the word "timing" but its sooo sooo true!
From Indecent Proposal....on the pier at the end of the movie....Have I ever told you I love you. the money didn't matter..its all about love
Returning to our regularly scheduled programming, I offer the following songs for your consideration, some of which reach back into the mists of time and touch upon a world when other social norms ruled romantic relationships:

For that sheer unbridled "head-over-heels" in love feeling, how about this golden oldie ("Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me") by Mel Carter. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLWirzPE8L0

For a tribute to steadfast, enduring love maintained throughout the peaks and valleys of life and relationships, how about "Still the One" by Orleans. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbH_sDyWZqo

If the realization of falling in love once struck you like a clap of thunder, you certainly will be able to relate to the hauntingly beautiful "This Magic Moment" by Jay and the Americans. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpePWo56zm4
For steadfast love, mine is "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" Lots of artists do it, but I'm partial to the Kenny Rogers version.

For undeniable attraction, it's "She's Got a Way About Her" by Billy Joel.

For throwing yourself fully and completely into one person, it's "Make Someone Happy" by Jimmy Durante.

There are others, but that's a start...