Federalist Society Attorneys: Trump Disqualified from Being on Any Ballots

Would need to be convicted. Until then, the argument is a fever dream only
Trump should be disqualified with an unprecedented amount of legal trouble.
Would need to be convicted. Until then, the argument is a fever dream only Originally Posted by HDGristle

Incorrect. Read the story in Reason.com (which is a libertarian magazine). The article (of the 14th Amendment) is self enforcing, and Trump's conduct meets the standard legal definition. The article contains no language requiring a conviction.

This Reason post is a summary of an extensive legal paper being released in the coming months. It was written by hard right constitutional scholars, some of the people who founded the Federalist Society, not woke libtards.
Ideally, I agree

In practicality, until there's a conviction there will be too much wiggle room and doubt for any single group to take this as far as it would need to go.

The appetite isn't there
Ideally, I agree

In practicality, until there's a conviction there will be too much wiggle room and doubt for any single group to take this as far as it would need to go.

The appetite isn't there Originally Posted by HDGristle

Realistically, you're probably right. But it's looking like chances are high the Orange fart is going to be convicted, and Chris Christie isn't running for President, he's running to keep Trump from being re-elected. I can see him litigating this.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=4532751
Ideally, I agree

The appetite isn't there Originally Posted by HDGristle
You are spot on and with the prosecution aiming for a Jan trial which could bring a conviction before the convention I expect to see Trump delay...delay....delay
Realistically, you're probably right. But it's looking like chances are high the Orange fart is going to be convicted, and Chris Christie isn't running for President, he's running to keep Trump from being re-elected. I can see him litigating this.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=4532751 Originally Posted by Purrito
Don't count those chickens just yet. I don't see him doing that and surviving the primary. He still intends on running and making that move is a death sentence for this cycle.

We'll see how it plays out overthe coming months.