What is Mississippi’s plan?

The potable water situation in Jackson has garnered national attention lately, but the residents of Jackson have been aware of the situation for quite some time … now Brett Farve is being mentioned in regard to Mississippi welfare money being used to build a volleyball arena in Hattiesburg, I guess my question is where does the Mississippi state government actually operate? It doesn’t seem to be Jackson… they should have just sent that bad water to the coast, they never would have noticed… only the Devil himself would have built a Mecca in a cesspool, most people don’t smell and taste their tap water…
Jackson's water and sewer issues rest squarely at the feet of the last 20+ years of their elected city officials not the state.

The state had to step in to get it fix since Jackson's mayor and his staff are totally incompetent. It would not surprise me is there arent criminal charges filed after the state auditor gets through with Jackson Mayor Chockwe Antar Lumumba and his gaggle of fools.
Thanks for the info… I was curious about how this came about
Hopefully, the state of Mississippi can return their capital to what it should be, it belongs to the whole state and should represent Mississippi…
To many folks have been lining their pockets for to many years in Jackson. They've had grants to fix things over the years but have spent way to much getting studies, and such instead of fixing the problem. Just like Canton and the Flooding issues, lots of studies on the problem bu no solutions
Jackson’s problem is their leadership has not done anything to attract tax payers, thevexisting tax payers have fled to other cities. Leaving Jackson as pretty much a welfare community. No tax base, little funds for infrastructure
Jackson’s problem is their leadership has not done anything to attract tax payers, thevexisting tax payers have fled to other cities. Leaving Jackson as pretty much a welfare community. No tax base, little funds for infrastructure
I would say no one wants to address the elephant in the room, but no one in their right mind would mess with an elephant, lol, RTR!
Any of you actually live in Jackson?
Jackson's water and sewer issues rest squarely at the feet of the last 20+ years of their elected city officials not the state.

The state had to step in to get it fix since Jackson's mayor and his staff are totally incompetent. It would not surprise me is there arent criminal charges filed after the state auditor gets through with Jackson Mayor Chockwe Antar Lumumba and his gaggle of fools. Originally Posted by Good_hard_licks
Won’t happen all you have to be so you can get away with theft now days is a Democrat and Rhino
I only recently learned what a rhino is, only an informed voting base could recognize the difference…that’s a tall order, indeed …
I only asked because the whole Jackson debacle can be traced back to a few names that are very well known. There was an actual study done by the US Senate that exposed the corruption.
I'm there every day and see ALOT of BS done. To many folks buying contracts from the city and to many putting money in their back poclets

Any of you actually live in Jackson? Originally Posted by KBurnicci
I suggest it is time to move the state capital and leave the city of Jackson to its residence and their chosen elected officials up
I certainly don’t disagree, there are a lot of beautiful and deserving cities in the Magnolia State, any suggestions?