Provider needs my help

Okay…. I know the most likely answer to the following
Question…and Please do not blast me on this one. I truly

care about this girl.

But, a provider that I like a lot is in trouble. Her grandfather
Died and she is in the midst of a move to a new place in Dallas.
I have spoken to her and she is legitimately messed up emotionally.

She needs a little $$ . $500. And is reaching out to me for help.

I play a lot of poker, so $500 is just money I win from
Someone anyway.

Just looking for some feedback, especially if you have ever loaned money to
a provider. Okay, I do agree that it has to be considered a gift. Maybe
I get it back, maybe not. I can live with that.

What are your thoughts.
Okay…. I know the most likely answer to the following
Question…and Please do not blast me on this one. I truly

care about this girl.

But, a provider that I like a lot is in trouble. Her grandfather
Died and she is in the midst of a move to a new place in Dallas.
I have spoken to her and she is legitimately messed up emotionally.

She needs a little $$ . $500. And is reaching out to me for help.

I play a lot of poker, so $500 is just money I win from
Someone anyway.

Just looking for some feedback, especially if you have ever loaned money to
a provider

What are your thoughts. Originally Posted by Jdesey
I would take out the word "Loan".

If you feel as tho it is money that you are donating to her cause, and you're ok with that.... then donate away!

If you feel at some point you will get a return on your "investment" then you will in almost every case be dissappointed.

Either way if you end up pony-ing up some benjy's, don't be surprised if your phone then becomes the #1 on speed dial for when she has other "issues" in the future either.

Obviously I have no idea who this girl is, or your situation with her, but a LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG history of "similar" situations ultimately lead to the same conclusion.

Just one man's humble opinion and observation over the years.

Hope that helps, but it sounds like you have your mind made up already.

Best of luck brother.

JaD
coming from a provider here....just dont expect to get it back
coming from a provider here....just dont expect to get it back Originally Posted by babydollsnow

Well stated!

You can say alot about BDS.... but full of shit, or non-truthfull you can NOT say!

Thanks for your honesty girl!

JaD
I've never loaned a provider money, so I can't speak from experience. But I wouldn't expect to get repaid. I have read countless threads about situations exactly like this. I have never read about it working out happily for either side. It breeds resentment.

If you're comfortable giving her money, then do it. But forget about it afterwards.
I would personally advise against it.

If you do you will be her go-to guy if she falls on hard times again - and that is if you hear from her again.

And if you are gonna do it, don't expect to get your money back.

I would say if she really wants it than she should earn it the old fashioned way.
So far everyone else is right. If you are truly wanting to "help" her then do it no ulterior motives and a pure heart. Do that and there should be no reason for any disappointment. Do it with any type of expectations and you will be disappointed everytime. If you want to loan it to her just to see what happens then do do with a lot of grace and forgive her before she even fails to live up to your expectations. If you actually care about her then what I have just told you is how you go about it. Any other way then you are only doing it do you can get something ( keep in mind that includes even just expecting a thank you do you can feel good about yourself ).
I would take out the word "Loan".

If you feel as tho it is money that you are donating to her cause, and you're ok with that.... then donate away!

If you feel at some point you will get a return on your "investment" then you will in almost every case be dissappointed.

Either way if you end up pony-ing up some benjy's, don't be surprised if your phone then becomes the #1 on speed dial for when she has other "issues" in the future either.

Obviously I have no idea who this girl is, or your situation with her, but a LLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG history of "similar" situations ultimately lead to the same conclusion.

Just one man's humble opinion and observation over the years.

Hope that helps, but it sounds like you have your mind made up already.

Best of luck brother.

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
coming from a provider here....just dont expect to get it back Originally Posted by babydollsnow
I've never loaned a provider money, so I can't speak from experience. But I wouldn't expect to get repaid. I have read countless threads about situations exactly like this. I have never read about it working out happily for either side. It breeds resentment.

If you're comfortable giving her money, then do it. But forget about it afterwards. Originally Posted by enderwiggin

That pretty much sums up any advice I would give.
It's like "loaning" money to a relative.
We all seem to be on the same track -- D o n a t i o n ! -- You should have the same expectation of return on investment as driving down the freeway, letting 5 Ben's flitter out the front window and expect it to blow back in the back window.
I would say if she really wants it than she should earn it the old fashioned way. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou

Bend over or open up....take your pick

not directed at you Skylar but what you said, thats sooo true
Hell yeah give her the dough, if she's been good to you. And make it crystal clear to her that you do not expect a damn thing in return. Not money, not pussy, not special treatment, not a damn thing. She may never have heard a thing like that before. Tell her to do the same for someone else in need and worthy in the future.

What do we other mutts have to do with this anyway?
Why do you give a shit what Board Strangers say about YOUR MONEY????

Seriously Bro - Do what ever the flip you want.
If you are truly wanting to "help" her then do it no ulterior motives and a pure heart.. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
This is all the advise you need right here... If you are that close and you really want to help her then I think this is your anwser.
this is the best response

Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
If you are truly wanting to "help" her then do it no ulterior motives and a pure heart..

I will make my decision, but for sure just as help with no "you owe me" attached to it , if I decide to give her the $$$