guesting or disabling acct

What are the difference in doing such?
the spelling

let the staff worry about that
the spelling

let the staff worry about that Originally Posted by geniusman
Unless this thread was moved here (or the is backstory to this request) this is the section for asking questions. That has to be the single most idiotic response I have ever heard.

Answer his question or pass it along to someone who can. Otherwise, that kind of answer is quite ass-holish.
I have also wondered what was the difference. Is there a difference? I know that providers should delete all showcase information (pics, phone #'s, etc.) but is there anything a hobbyist should do?

Scenario #1 - I need to leave for six months. Do I need to do anything or just fall off into the interweb by not posting.

Scenario #2 - Need to erase as much as possible in the shortest amount of time as I can.

The original question stands, what is the difference between guesting and disabling; if there is one.
be nice Leon

I did answer the question

just like the ladies have their own forums we have ours and we can't divulge anything discussed there. But for the question sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference so if someone has one of those scerarios come up then we can decide whether the account should be guested or disabled
When an account is set to Guest XXX that is what will appear beside all of the post that person had made.
When an account is disabled the handle of the post is still listed but the account can no longer be used.

How one needs to handle, to guest or to have the account disabled, would depend on what one was needing to accomplish. Say you just decided that it was time to go and there was no security issues, then having the account disabled is fine, some day you may decide to return and you can email and have the account reactivated.

Guesting- say you left a browser open with an email that had your handle in it and your SO got the handle, then a guesting of the account would make it more difficult to tie the handle to your post.

When asking to disable or guest your account and you should alway email, and you should also email your local staff before creating a new account if you should decide to come back.
There are advantages and disadvantages for both actions to me one of the key disadvantages to "Guesting" an account is that the old name becomes available for any new member to use.