cbo report on raising the minimum wage

Seems the goal is to put as many people out of work through as many means as possible by this inept Biden
People out of work is good, as far as democrats are concerned. The more people sucking the government dick, the fewer dead voters they need to win elections.
  • El-mo
  • 01-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Seems the goal is to put as many people out of work through as many means as possible by this inept Biden Originally Posted by berryberry
What’s the point of work, if you can’t live off it?
What’s the point of work, if you can’t live off it? Originally Posted by El-mo
I understand your point also, its kind of a two edged sword

if enacted, yes its better for those working a lower grade job but it will cause alot of jobs lost and prices will go up also

businesses arent going to eat the extra cost, they will pass it along.............

two sides to this one for sure
What’s the point of work, if you can’t live off it? Originally Posted by El-mo
If you can't live off it - better yourself. Acquire skills so you QUALIFY for a higher paying job.

We live in a free market economy. Jobs get paid what they are worth
If you can't live off it - better yourself. Acquire skills so you QUALIFY for a higher paying job.

We live in a free market economy. Jobs get paid what they are worth Originally Posted by berryberry
If everyone does this, who is going to clean the restrooms and hand you your precious burger and fries through the drive-thru window?
  • El-mo
  • 01-24-2021, 09:21 AM
If everyone does this, who is going to clean the restrooms and hand you your precious burger and fries through the drive-thru window? Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
This is the part that slips through their rehearsed talking points. If everyone got an advanced degree and learned a skilled trade tomorrow, someone would still have to pick the tomatoes and mop the floors. The majority of work will always fall into the so-called “unskilled” category.
If everyone does this, who is going to clean the restrooms and hand you your precious burger and fries through the drive-thru window? Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
A kid looking to make some beer or college tuition money. A retiree supplementing their income or just give them something to do. I made $270 every 2 weeks wheeelbarrowing concrete around all summer in the early 80’s. It covered having a car and some spending cash, built work ethic and was never intended to be anything more.
  • El-mo
  • 01-24-2021, 10:18 AM
A kid looking to make some beer or college tuition money. A retiree supplementing their income or just give them something to do. I made $270 every 2 weeks wheeelbarrowing concrete around all summer in the early 80’s. It covered having a car and some spending cash, built work ethic and was never intended to be anything more. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Intended? No private sector job is “intended” to do anything but help create revenue for the owner. No one “creates” a job to give a kid a few extra bucks. They hire someone because the business needs someone to do that work.
Well duh, and the amount of that revenue stream is reflected in the salary . Certain jobs produce little to no value/productivity/income for the employer, can be done by nearly anyone, and the compensation reflects that. People know this going in and are free to not accept the position. It’s not (shouldn’t be) the government’s function to intercede in a contract that both parties deem acceptable.

Intended — by the employee. Maybe expected would have been a better choice of wording.
I’m a republican (moderate) and small business owner. I’d be embarrassed to offer someone a job under $15. How the hell can anyone live off less then that? Yes, prices may go up and maybe a few jobs will be lost but we need to be realistic.
I’m a republican (moderate) and small business owner. I’d be embarrassed to offer someone a job under $15. How the hell can anyone live off less then that? Yes, prices may go up and maybe a few jobs will be lost but we need to be realistic. Originally Posted by Charley3
I agree with you, but right wingers don’t understand logic. They care about no one but themselves. These are the same people who defend anything and everything Trump says and are jacking off at the thought of a civil war. It’s a disease.

We live in a free market economy. Jobs get paid what they are worth Originally Posted by berryberry
You act like there is an unlimited supply of well-paying jobs out there, and that everyone has the means to better themselves enough to qualify for them. $7 an hour is a fucking joke, no one can live on that. I’m sick of people parroting this crap, the whole “fuck you, I got mine” attitude. Get over yourself, wake up and see how things are in the real world. You asshole conservatives are doing your damndest to keep us stuck in the 50’s... move on.
I agree with you, but right wingers don’t understand logic. They care about no one but themselves. These are the same people who defend anything and everything Trump says and are jacking off at the thought of a civil war. It’s a disease. Originally Posted by swpa1706
pretty dumb statement, once again trying to lump all right wingers into what you think.

im a right wing guy and as i stated before, i see both sides of the agruement