Rockaway pizza

One of the pittsburgh food critics said this was one of the best pizza places in the area

Rockaway pizza. Lincoln highway White oak

Anyone ever try it? Hate to drive all the way if the pies arent that good
Never been, but it's in White Oak, not Whitehall
Never been, but it's in White Oak, not Whitehall Originally Posted by HDGristle

thank you, getting old, what i think and what i type sometimes dont compare
Autocomplete doesn't help, either
  • ottog
  • 03-02-2021, 10:02 PM
I heard it was good....but I thought I read it was temporarily closed because of the Kung Flu
That’s close to me but I’ve never heard of it. I’ll give it a go this weekend and report back.

Edit: It’s on Lincoln Way, not Lincoln Highway. Lincoln Highway is route 30. Way runs from 30 in the N Huntington area, through WhiteOak to 148 in McKeesport.
It’s pretty good... if I’m going to white oak for pizza though, I’m getting lucianos
It’s pretty good... if I’m going to white oak for pizza though, I’m getting lucianos Originally Posted by Diggerdale12
Don't forget the wedding soup
It’s pretty good... if I’m going to white oak for pizza though, I’m getting lucianos Originally Posted by Diggerdale12
Their pizza is too thin and cardboard-ish IMO. The restaurant is good and reasonably priced tho, the stuffed banana peppers are excellent.
Rockaway is open once again, pizzas are very good, one size large 16", have had several but the prosciutto and arugula is the best in my opinion!
Where do you go for the best deep dish pizza?
Chicago.
Mario's in Greentree is shockingly good. The Buffalo Chicken Stromboli is incredible. Also King Crust is criminally underrated and located next to St. Clair hospital.
Where do you go for the best deep dish pizza? Originally Posted by lustylad
Bados makes them. Or at least they used to.

Still on the menu. They call it Sicilian.

http://www.badospizzagrill.com/

Maybe not the same as Chicago style deep dish.
Where do you go for the best deep dish pizza? Originally Posted by lustylad
This place too but I was unimpressed

https://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/pa/south-hills