Lets Talk Sports

Your Sports Thought of the Day

Finally a thread about sports..any pro/amateur sports you love..should not involve sex or have any discussion of sex..
it could be about the latest game, trades, random sports like cricket, swimming, diving, wrestling, gymnastics, hell i probably forgot to mention some. It could be about players on a team, coaches, front office..literally anything on your mind about sports goes here

Since I am a HUGE sports fan!! I will prolly be posting alot! Love love love NFL GO PACK GO! love MMA!! been watching literally since UFC 1 on VHS(long story has to do with hubby), and NBA(LAKERS NATION BABY)..college football is growing on me thru the years! I watch ESPN(mike and mike is a fave)..

STRICTLY SPORTS!If its not about sports it don't belong here! you could simply have an opinion about the following you want to express..just as examples..
  • your favorite team
  • college sports
  • MLB
  • soccer
  • nba
  • nfl
  • hockey
  • lacrosse
  • MMA
  • boxing
  • etc

My thought tonight.. damn what an NBA finals game 2. I really thought it would be more competitive and it was for about 3 quarters..but then the Warriors took over....Durant is lookin like a superstar on an already stacked team!
I am a native of St. Louis, Missouri. Therefore the reader should have already deduced from that statement that St. Louis Cardinals baseball is my religion, and my favorite house of worship is Temple B'nai Budweiser, located at 700 Clark Avenue in the Gateway City.

As far as sports go, baseball is the only sport I follow, so as I often put it, my sports year begins in February when pitchers and catchers report, and it ends with the last out of the World Series. From the last out of the World Series to the following February, there are no sports whatsoever being played, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,

bcg
Interesting!!!... absolutely no other sports exist for you haha

Gotta admit I did catch a few carndinal games on local tv growing up with the great ozzie smith, José Oquendo, with a little Lee Smith the former saves leader sprinkled in as well..

Should I admit I was a big braves fan in the 90's.. john smoltz..greg Maddux, tom glavine

I am a native of St. Louis, Missouri. Therefore the reader should have already deduced from that statement that St. Louis Cardinals baseball is my religion, and my favorite house of worship is Temple B'nai Budweiser, located at 700 Clark Avenue in the Gateway City.

As far as sports go, baseball is the only sport I follow, so as I often put it, my sports year begins in February when pitchers and catchers report, and it ends with the last out of the World Series. From the last out of the World Series to the following February, there are no sports whatsoever being played, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
I'm a huge Atlanta Braves fan and still have all of my dad's baseball cards. I saw them live at Turner Field about 3 years ago and I was seated 6 rows behind home plate. Julio Teheran pitched a 5-0 shutout against the Brewers that night, making it truly memorable.
Great game by the hogs last night. Won 11-10. Game ended 3'am after long rain delay.

Do they have any pitchers left to win today or will they be eliminated.
Well im offically jealous! I keep saying im gonna go to a baseball game and never have.. done nfl games a few times..nba twice..baseball never

I'm a huge Atlanta Braves fan and still have all of my dad's baseball cards. I saw them live at Turner Field about 3 years ago and I was seated 6 rows behind home plate. Julio Teheran pitched a 5-0 shutout against the Brewers that night, making it truly memorable. Originally Posted by Vannah
Hogs are playing good...I think we find a way and get a win tonight

Great game by the hogs last night. Won 11-10. Game ended 3'am after long rain delay.

Do they have any pitchers left to win today or will they be eliminated. Originally Posted by Rockydoc

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Bcg you and I are followers of the same religion. I grew up listening to jack buck every night on the radio. Been a devoted fan ever since. Make the trip up there every summer to catch a couple of games
Well I thought they had 1 more win in them..but unfortunately the hogs couldnt pull it off..3-2 loss.. close game..
Bcg you and I are followers of the same religion. I grew up listening to jack buck every night on the radio. Been a devoted fan ever since. Make the trip up there every summer to catch a couple of games Originally Posted by Loveitinmyface
Not trying to pull rank on you, but I grew up listening to Jack Buck and Harry "It might be... it could be... it is!!! A home run!" Caray before he (Caray) sadly left St. Louis, eventually to settle in Wrigley Field with The Hated Cubs. (For that matter, you may have too and just not mentioned that part.) If one grew up in St. Louis in the 60s (and I suppose not just in STL; the Cardinals had/have an extensive radio affiliate network) Jack and Harry on the Mighty MOX were the soundtrack of the summer.

Jack was truly one of the greats. Every so often I pull up his famous "Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!" home run call just to remember the evening I was watching that live on TV.

I miss that voice.

I wish I could afford to make the run up to Busch every year, but I try to make it as often as I can. My daughter has promised me that I get to take my granddaughter (just turned 13 months old last month) to her first Cardinals game, so I'm looking forward to that.

Cheers,

bcg
I just hope cavs don't go out like some chumps... please win this game 3 and 4... lebron is doing his thang but the rest of his teammates are chumps
My sports thought today... if Lakers pick lonzo ball on the draft I believe they will regret it for a few reasons

I dont think he is a superstar
He doesnt have alot of upside considering the baggage of his dad
And then that brings me to his dad..who will be worse than anything as he chirps in the sideline
Part of me thinks they pick up fox instead... fox has a huge upside cause he's a lockdown defender...

My team is the Knicks.. we suck lol
Fox to me is a smarter pick...no one can know who will be a star..but I would avoid ball..and could live with fox to the lakers

And yes..sadly your Knicks are awful..I think they could literally bring back oakley..ewing..mason..greg anthony and doc rivers at their current agea and win more games haha..I kid..sorta...
Lol I'm more of a carmelo fan.. wherever he goes I go..

As far as tonight, I need these cavs to bring it... I got money on this series.. I at least wanna feel like my boys tried..

Go lbj!!!