Hog Football

I'm surprised this isn't already a thread on here.

I'm nervous about TCU tomorrow. They had a solid 63-0 win last week. Granted it was Jackson State, but it shows they had their act together.

If we are to stand a chance, we have to be consistent. I'm a fan of Austin Allen, but he tends to have 2 or 3 really good plays, followed by a mistake. Normally said mistake results in a turnover. We have got to cut that out if we are to stand a chance this season.

Thoughts?
  • BK
  • 09-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Hogs lose, don't get beat up about it we ARE the SEC bottom dweller. Embrace the mediocrity. Oh and there are already a few Hog message boards is why.
Hogs lose, don't get beat up about it we ARE the SEC bottom dweller. Embrace the mediocrity. Oh and there are already a few Hog message boards is why. Originally Posted by BK
Always good to receive BK's daily dose of sunshine.
Well, maybe this year! I'll try to be optimistic for as long as I can!
Well, maybe this year! I'll try to be optimistic for as long as I can! Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Well that didn't take long.
  • BK
  • 09-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Always good to receive BK's daily dose of sunshine. Originally Posted by FreezyIce
Not to gloat or anything but maybe you will see it someday. I'm a realist and know what I see and have seen.

Takes time for some to stop buying the good ole boy bullshit and expect to see good football instead of the constant shit show fat Bert puts on the field.

Arkansas is the Vanderbilt of the SEC West embrace it brother.

Yeah I'm not a sunshine pumper.
Looks like those who predicted a 6 - 6 season may have been overly optimistic. That was a hard to watch shit show today.
Shit Show is right on. I'm ready for the Cheese Head coach to take his ass back to the Cheese Head State.
Dumpster...Fire. The whole game was a shit show.

You were right indeed, BK. Spot on.
Yep. Gonna be a long season. Hogs deserved to get beaten a lot worse than they did in that game. Makes me think TCU was probably overrated.
Conference schedule ahead: Texas A & M at Dallas, at South Carolina, at Alabama, Auburn, at Ole Miss, at LSU, MS State, Missouri. If we don't beat Texas A & M, we could carry an 0 and whatever record in the conference for quite some time. Given the ineptitude we showed Saturday, I don't see a gimme game on the schedule. Something better change fast and I have little confidence it will. He's a 5th year coach and excuses don't cut it at this point. I preached patience until the late season collapse last year. I am out of patience at this point. If Long insists on holding on to him and we continue at this rate, he'd better be damn careful that people don't just quit caring. I thought the basketball program came dangerously close to that a few years ago before it improved.

Long speaks to the LR Touchdown Club today, with a Q and A from the audience. It got testy when he spoke last year. Today could get downright nasty.
TCU is a senior laden team with a remarkable speed advantage. They were quicker at virtually every position. That being said they have two weeks to prepare for a mediocre A&M team.
Most of us wanted smash mouth FB. I wanted it to work. Dont really like finesse football. Was worth a try.
  • BK
  • 09-11-2017, 10:10 AM
You know it's not even that we lost that bothers me. It's how we lost, looked totally unprepared, slow, and uncaring. Team has no identity, heart, or meanness to them. Taking failed head coaches and making them your coordinators are guys without hunger to win. Young energetic coaches that demand results and execution. I'm just glad we gave Bert an extension on his contract, he has NO reason to produce. Fire him pay him his 17 mil he doesn't care, future in the broadcast booth cuz he has been preparing for that... he's a funny good ole boy.
You know it's not even that we lost that bothers me. It's how we lost, looked totally unprepared, slow, and uncaring. Team has no identity, heart, or meanness to them. Taking failed head coaches and making them your coordinators are guys without hunger to win. Young energetic coaches that demand results and execution. I'm just glad we gave Bert an extension on his contract, he has NO reason to produce. Fire him pay him his 17 mil he doesn't care, future in the broadcast booth cuz he has been preparing for that... he's a funny good ole boy. Originally Posted by BK
I agree with your statements about the team. I'm frustrated at Saturday's showing because I still remember the last two games of last year. We would just blow it. Second half of each game we never showed up. That was my "ok, this happens to every team" moment. For us to play the way we did Saturday AFTER the way we finished 2016 does not give me warm fuzzies.