An establishment in panic

http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/an-establishment-in-panic-2/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/republic...rty-1477492356

the elitist establishment got left behind and they are in panic.

they didn't do what needed to be done.. change is a bitch and a half.
  • Old-T
  • 10-28-2016, 04:51 AM
Wow, Buchanan has turned into an old, calcified curmudgeon. That whole rant says nothing more than "Not everyone agrees with me so they are mentally lost". Trump as the face of the middle class? Resist one religion's chains but reinstate HIS preferred religion? Support the majority when he likes their choice (Jackson), scoff at the majority when he doesn't like their choice (Clinton).

He was hard to read when he was younger, now he is just laughable.
  • DSK
  • 10-28-2016, 06:36 AM
Wow, Buchanan has turned into an old, calcified curmudgeon. That whole rant says nothing more than "Not everyone agrees with me so they are mentally lost". Trump as the face of the middle class? Resist one religion's chains but reinstate HIS preferred religion? Support the majority when he likes their choice (Jackson), scoff at the majority when he doesn't like their choice (Clinton).

Originally Posted by Old-T
The problem is that anyone who espouses the views of Buchanan is instantly "Borked" and his opinions invalidated. Since many millions of people believe the things he says are valid, that process of invalidation causes resentment and anger. They deserve to be taken seriously, and not mocked and marginalized.

Additionally, the elites are now so powerful they have co-opted an otherwise smart capitalist, Warren Buffett, into going along with many of the left's anti capitalist ideas.
Then you've got a secret weapon now, JL! Pat Buchanan for the save!

Early voting suggests this is going to be a melee.

A feeding frenzy for urban areas.

Guess who's gonna get eaten!
  • Old-T
  • 10-28-2016, 09:21 AM
The problem is that anyone who espouses the views of Buchanan is instantly "Borked" and his opinions invalidated. Since many millions of people believe the things he says are valid, that process of invalidation causes resentment and anger. They deserve to be taken seriously, and not mocked and marginalized.

Additionally, the elites are now so powerful they have co-opted an otherwise smart capitalist, Warren Buffett, into going along with many of the left's anti capitalist ideas. Originally Posted by DSK
Buchanan has often had some cogent points to make, and would often make contrarian points that did add to the debate.

Unfortunately he seems to have gone off the deep end. Trying to convince middle class working folks people that Trum is "one of them" mocks his own Blue Collar persona. And he has always had a degree of "seperation of church and state UNLESS it is MY church". Sadly I think he is now the biggest impediment to people listening to the valid points in his underlying message.
  • DSK
  • 10-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Buchanan has often had some cogent points to make, and would often make contrarian points that did add to the debate.

Unfortunately he seems to have gone off the deep end. Trying to convince middle class working folks people that Trum is "one of them" mocks his own Blue Collar persona. And he has always had a degree of "seperation of church and state UNLESS it is MY church". Sadly I think he is now the biggest impediment to people listening to the valid points in his underlying message. Originally Posted by Old-T
Yes, I'm afraid you are substantially correct.

Originally Posted by Old-T
I have to disagree with you on this. Buchanan's ideas may be outside the mainstream, but I don't think they are contrarian.

Say what you will about him, he is a good writer and his columns reflect his upbringing. He is what he is - a blue collar, two-fisted Irish brawler who has a way with words and a deep patriotism. Despite his White House speechwriter background, he doesn't fit in with Ivy League Beltway types at all. He has a much better grasp of what concerns the average American than the elite of either party.

The elite may snicker at him. But soon, they have to get used to the feeling of having his foot up their asses. If only someone better than Trump was delivering the message.
Buchanan does have his point.

however, he was one of the more recent populists to run for office. he came short because of that sucking sound from Ross Perot.