For Those Holding Up Isreal and An Example of Self-Defense

Take a swing at the two exerpts from articles below about the Sandy Hook massacre:

Chemi Shalev at Israel's Haaretz:
"God takes pity on the kindergarten children" poet Yehuda Amichai wrote bitterly of a country in which it is the grownups," often Israeli soldiers, who are forced to pay the price. In America, God has no favorites: He allows even tiny angels to be massacred in a crazed and senselessly obsessed outburst of a lone gunman, armed to the teeth.
Perhaps, when President Barack Obama was shedding a tear, he grieved not only as a parent who thinks of his own children but also as a president who cries for his beloved country. These unthinkable but nonetheless recurring bloodbaths by shooting are peculiarly, if not exclusively, American, a stain on its image that gets brutally bigger as time goes by.

Tzipi Shmilovitz at Israel's Yedioth Ahronoth:
America is not ready to talk about how it is easier to get a handgun than it is to see a doctor, not ready to speak about the video games that have extreme violence. It is just willing to sweep up everything under the carpet of tears.

Seems to me that those of you who want to use the "Israeli Model" might need to figure out what it actually is.

Nah, that's too much trouble for you simpletons.
Seems to me that those of you who want to use the "Israeli Model" might need to figure out what it actually is. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
A remedy or policy for one country probably does not fit for many, if not most others, and the legal foundations and limitations on that particular country dictate more often than not how and when a remedy or policy may be implemented.

Apples and oranges.

If our constitutional restraints interfere with our ability to employ one solution, we need to either modify the solution or seek another one that does not run against the grain.

The ongoing discussion in the threads in here on what, when, and how to address the problem of securing our schools and the occupants demonstrates that social perspectives create resistence to different offered suggestions, and probably many life-experiences are also coloring the ideas at the same time.

Hopefully the politicians will be so lively and thorough in their analysis and thoughts.
That's what I get for trying to type and eat at the same time.

It's Israel

It should have been "As" instead of "And"

Looks like I should have been drinking lunch instead of merely eating it.
A remedy or policy for one country probably does not fit for many, if not most others, and the legal foundations and limitations on that particular country dictate more often than not how and when a remedy or policy may be implemented.

Apples and oranges.

If our constitutional restraints interfere with our ability to employ one solution, we need to either modify the solution or seek another one that does not run against the grain.

The ongoing discussion in the threads in here on what, when, and how to address the problem of securing our schools and the occupants demonstrates that social perspectives create resistence to different offered suggestions, and probably many life-experiences are also coloring the ideas at the same time.

Hopefully the politicians will be so lively and thorough in their analysis and thoughts. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Now, to the business at hand...

No foolin' about apples and oranges. Terribly obvious, BUT many of those posting in other threads, especially arguing for gun "rights," have said essentially, "Let's be like Israel and arm the teachers! Grrrrr!!! Yippie-Ky-Aaaay, Mofo!" So, I guess that they have fruits'n'vegetables'n'nuts issues.

Since some have chosen to hold up Israel as the end-all and be-all panacea for what we should do, I thought it might be nice to hear from some actual Israelis. Oh, well....heh heh heh.