OBAMA CLOSES ISRAELI AIRSPACE.....RAMPS UP PRESSURE ON NETANYAHU TO BACK DOWN !

Earlier today, three United States airlines--Delta, United Airlines, and US Airways--canceled flights to Tel Aviv shortly before the FAA announced that flights to the city would be banned due to the threat of rocket fire. The FAA also cited a rocket landing near the airport as proof that the possibility of a plane being hit in mid-flight as sufficiently likely to ban the flights. European airlines shortly followed suit, barring airlines from flying over the territory.....

Why?

"The flight restrictions are a mistake that hands Hamas an undeserved victory and should be lifted immediately," says Michael Bloomberg......

Obama and Kerry don't want Israel to succeed in their destruction of Hamas.
I rarely like anything Bloomberg sez but he is right in this case and flew to Israel to prove the point that it is safe.
It was another opportunity to for Obama to bitch slap Benji.
Are you guys serious. A plane was just shot down when flying over an area of conflict and now you expect the FAA to do nothing. I could just imagine your rant if the FAA had left the air space open and Hamas shot down a plane. Basically there is nothing Obama could do in this situation than you would not go in a rant about.
That plane was shot down over the Ukraine; a week ago...there is no nexus between the two.......the timing of the Tel Aviv Ben Gurion closing coincides with Kerry putting pressure on Israel to back off Hamas.

The administration isn't making a connection between the Ukraine attack and their action in Israel....why are you ?
Are you guys serious. A plane was just shot down when flying over an area of conflict and now you expect the FAA to do nothing. I could just imagine your rant if the FAA had left the air space open and Hamas shot down a plane. Basically there is nothing Obama could do in this situation .... [I]but close off air traffic, [/I] Originally Posted by BigLouie
+1 ... fixed it ... ....... if he actually gave that command*

*The FAA had given a no fly order over Ukraine before the shoot down.
The administration isn't making a connection between the Ukraine attack and their action in Israel....why are you ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
How do you know what the "administration isn't" connecting?

The FAA gave a no fly order prior to the Malayasian airliner being shot down.

After the airport got hit with a rocket ... why wouldn't the administration shut down the flights ... into the Gaza-Israeli area BEFORE an airliner is shot down?

To save lives of innocent people, which is what Malaysian airlines didn't do.

Also...

.the timing of the Tel Aviv Ben Gurion closing coincides with Kerry putting pressure on Israel to back off Hamas.
Are you claiming Obama/Kerry closed "Tel Aviv Ben Gurion"?

Please don't.

And your headline is misleading .....

.... Obama can't close shit over another country ....

He can't even keep OUR borders secure!!! Airspace???? Ha!
I know, because the FAA statement makes no reference to Ukraine: Read it !
"The notice was issued in response to a rocket strike which landed approximately one mile from Ben Gurion International Airport on the morning ... [and] applies only to U.S. operators, and has no authority over foreign airlines operating to or from the airport,"

How do you know what the "administration isn't" connecting?

The FAA gave a no fly order prior to the Malayasian airliner being shot down.
After the airport got hit with a rocket ... why wouldn't the administration shut down the flights ... into the Gaza-Israeli area BEFORE an airliner is shot down?

To save lives of innocent people, which is what Malaysian airlines didn't do. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You right wing twerps are really getting desperate.
Are you claiming Obama/Kerry closed "Tel Aviv Ben Gurion"?

..... Originally Posted by LexusLover
I am saying the Administration is ramping up pressure on Israel to stop their attacks against Hamas.

Does the FAA action do that ?

You probably believed the White House when they tried to tell us all their other lies.....like, the IRS targeting was low level employees in Cincinnati.

And the FAA never banned or issued a NO FLY ORDER over the Ukraine prior to the shoot down!!!!!!!!!

And Yes, the FAA order has essentially closed Tel Aviv Ben Gurion; American and European and other carriers are following suit. Again, Do you think this action is isolating Israel and ramping up pressure on Israel to stop the destruction of Hamas ?
I know, because the FAA statement makes no reference to Ukraine: Read it !
"The notice was issued in response to a rocket strike which landed approximately one mile from Ben Gurion International Airport on the morning ... [and] applies only to U.S. operators, and has no authority over foreign airlines operating to or from the airport,"

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You just made my point .... the FAA had restricted U.S. airline traffic over the Ukraine BEFORE the Malaysian plane was shot down. The FAA did NOT issue a no fly zone for U.S. aircraft to "punish" anyone involved in the Ukraine .. and certainly didn't to "punish" or "coerce" anyone in Gaza ... it was PURELY to avoid just what happened to the Malaysian aircraft ... or deplaning or boarding passengers at the airport.

By the same token the FAA bulletin does NOT SAY ...

.... to "CLOSE ISRAELI AIRSPACE TO RAMP UP PRESSURE ON NETANYAHU TO BACK DOWN !"

You are trying to connect those to things ... the first half is factually wrong, and the 2nd is meaningless. You think the Israelis give a shit about a U.S. civilian airplane coming to Israel right now? Since we are speculating.

It's time for the Obaminable/Heinz-Kerry Team to go sit on the bench.
OK, LIIAR IN CHIEF. PLEASE PRODUCE ANY QUOTE FROM KERRY OR OBAMA CLOSING ISRAELI AIRSPACE!

You're making shit up again, Whir-LIE-turd. Don't you EVER get tired of lying? What would MLK have said?

You lying piece of shit.

And the FAA never banned or issued a NO FLY ORDER over the Ukraine prior to the shoot down!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Whirlaway
http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publi...raine_sfar.pdf

Issued: "23 APR 22:30 2014"
I am saying the Administration is ramping up pressure on Israel to stop their attacks against Hamas. How? By dispatching the catsup peddler to the area?

Does the FAA action do that ? No. (You mean by reducing their summer vacation revenues?)

You probably believed the White House when they tried to tell us all their other lies.....like, the IRS targeting was low level employees in Cincinnati. No. Now why do you think I would believe anything that Obaminable says (or Kerry)? Or are you just striking out at anyone who disagrees with your assessment of the FAA decision making?

And the FAA never banned or issued a NO FLY ORDER over the Ukraine prior to the shoot down!!!!!!!!!Wrong. I provided you the link to the advisory/order by the FAA, which is what I said they did regarding U.S. air traffic (which is all they have jurisdiction over.

And Yes, the FAA order has essentially closed Tel Aviv Ben Gurion; American and European and other carriers are following suit. Again, Do you think this action is isolating Israel and ramping up pressure on Israel to stop the destruction of Hamas ? No. (You mean by reducing their summer vacation revenues?) Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Israel is gonna do what they want to do.