Quote from John F. Kennedy

John F. Kennedy described a liberal as follows:

...someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a 'Liberal', then I’m proud to say I’m a 'Liberal'.

Do not all the best presidents get assassinated somehow?? So sad.
You do realize that in today's political climate JFK is a conservative? He believed in a strong defense, lower taxes, less government interference, and (like a neocon) a presence of the United States in the world.

Your current liberals are no way like JFK. Even a die hard liberal like George McGovern would not want to be a part of them.
I agree thats why is JFK was so popular he appealed to everyone.. kind of like Obama did before all the lies he told...
You do realize that in today's political climate JFK is a conservative? He believed in a strong defense, lower taxes, less government interference, and (like a neocon) a presence of the United States in the world.

Your current liberals are no way like JFK. Even a die hard liberal like George McGovern would not want to be a part of them. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
+1
You do realize that in today's political climate JFK is a conservative? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Didn't you also once say something very similar about MLK? That was funny too!
JFK was Americas last real president. He took an interest to what was really important. He admitted his mistakes and didn't shirk from controversy. What we have today are nothing but puppets. They live a scripted life and expect everyone to follow their lead. It's a total joke.

Jim
Didn't you also once say something very similar about MLK? That was funny too! Originally Posted by bigtex
And it was true then as it is now. Glad you can laugh at yourself.

Listening to NPR earlier and an author was talking about the Cuban Missile Crisis. He reminded us just how close we were to nuclear war. Cities were being evacuated, troops massing in Florida to invade Cuba, missiles fueled and in standby, destroyers were targeting submarines and submarines were targeting surface vessels. The write said that to this day there is no incontrovertable evidence on whether Kennedy would or would not push the button. The Soviet leadership was convinced that he would.

Compare that to Obama. Imagine a missile crisis and where is Obama? Out golfing and fund raising. No one believes that he would push any button and that is where we lose.

I imagine Reagan would think you were joking about Kennedy being the last real president. Think about Reagan giving his speech on the Soviet Union. Do you know how many times his speech writers and handlers extracted the evil empire from his speeches....and he put it back every time.
And it was true then as it is now. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Thanks for sharing with us the actual thought process, or lack thereof, of one of Idiotville's leading citizens!

Keep living in your fantasy world, JDIdiot!
John F. Kennedy was a truly great President, but yet, he was hated by many as was President Lincoln, but the rationale behind the hatred eludes me.

. . . A truly great leader must have the character to be a inspiration to the people and personally, I believe that President Obama has some of that, but the hatred in the world seems to be continually growing and that troubles me.
  • Seedy
  • 07-26-2014, 08:51 AM
If you libtards really believe JFK was like modern day libtards, then you really are delusional.
Unfortunately, us "libtards" have to deal with knuckle dragging, uneducated, misinformed, inbred hillbilliy RETARDS like YOU, Seedy.
Unfortunately, us "libtards" have to deal with knuckle dragging, uneducated, misinformed, inbred hillbilliy RETARDS like YOU, Seedy. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
In Seedy's defense, he is one of many "knuckle dragging, uneducated, misinformed, inbred hillbilly RETARDS" who regularly post in this forum. However, his posts actually have a humorous twist to them, which makes him much less obnoxious than the rest of the "knuckle dragging, uneducated, misinformed, inbred hillbilliy RETARDS!"
It was a different time. He was able to have mistresses and do all sorts of things that today, the politicians wouldn't be able to get away with.

I'm a fan. Sure.

But I also think that a lot of the idolization (is that a word?) that we often see associated with JFK, and Jackie, was their absolute good looks and their presence was considered very elegant for that time period.

Television was relatively new. The environment was ripe for a hero. A Camelot.

And JFK was a threat to many people in power.

That assassination is a very difficult subject cover in a place like this. You would probably really like to visit the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas, if you're ever in town.
JFK, Founder of Supply Side Economics?

(If this is how "liberals" think, you can count me in too!)

"Our present tax system... exerts too heavy a drag on growth; it siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power; it reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking. In short, to increase demand and lift the economy, the federal government's most useful role is not to rush into a program of excessive increases in public expenditures, but to expand the incentives and opportunities for private expenditures... It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now."

- From JFK's Speech to the Economic Club of New York, December 14, 1962
John F. Kennedy was a truly great President, but yet, he was hated by many as was President Lincoln, but the rationale behind the hatred eludes me.

. . . A truly great leader must have the character to be a inspiration to the people and personally, I believe that President Obama has some of that, but the hatred in the world seems to be continually growing and that troubles me.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

Welcome to the party, pal... How is that elevator working out for your antique car collection?